Sheffield United Losses.

For the year ended June 2012, turnover fell by £4.1m to £10.2m. The loss on continuing operations was £12m (2011: £12.3m). Player trading in the year contributed a profit of £1.6m offsetting some of the interest costs (£2.6m) taking Sheffield United plc to a retained loss of £13m (2011: £13.6m).

So they turnover £10.2m.

The first bill they pay is £2.6m in interest.

Then they spend a further £20.6m?

And they total losses of £13m?

:censored: or bust for them this season then!

Surely their opening paragraph means "we're screwed".

Blades transition moves forward to cope with impact of League One

Positive moves aimed at making Sheffield United a self-sustained business were outlined today in its annual report and accounts which saw the League One club announce a retained loss of £13m.

basically the money they made from selling off the corner of their ground to build the Corpthorne Hotel and Gym has dried up and the other corner contains an office block with only a small amount of office space actually taken up, this might explain the delay to build our new stand. Although I'm sure we'll be a bit more careful with our money, I've seen what some of the Sheff Utd players drive and I'm sure a lot of our players would be jealous

basically the money they made from selling off the corner of their ground to build the Corpthorne Hotel and Gym has dried up and the other corner contains an office block with only a small amount of office space actually taken up, this might

explain the delay to build our new stand. Although I'm sure we'll be a bit more careful with our money, I've seen what some of the Sheff Utd players drive and I'm sure a lot of our players would be jealous

If they don't go up their screwed! Simple as.

Club record?

The year we went down from the Prem we apparently made £800k profit, that doesn't include the sale of players in the close season either. Given, amongst that sale, we sold Gerrard for £800k you can see that we won't come close to breaking that record any time soon. Unless City sell Richards for a fortune.

confused, wouldnt we work through the financial year apr to apr... therefore the liverpool game would come under the April 2011 to April 2012 financial report?

That's the standard tax year and some businesses run the same way, but you have scope to choose your own. I believe OAFC use a calender year.

If you think of all the PLC's for e.g. they announce their results at different times.