Freddy Flintoff

His straight punches are like a dog pawing combined with a chicken but well play to the lad, brilliant effort with 6 months training!!! (And I'd assume half of them getting him fit).

The quality of opposition is irrelevant really, doesn't matter how shocking Dawson was but with a bit of extra training with the McGuigan's he could be decent, has the natural strength and size...Everybody would advise him to go out with an unbeaten record though!

Anyway, WELL DONE FREDDIE, did it for Lancashire and did himself proud in his strange technical way!!!

Surely he's not pursuing this as a long-term thing? Surely it can't be a good idea to pursue a career in boxing if you've had to retire from a less strenuous sport due to injuries?

He had to retire from cricket as a result of a knee injury. He can do short spells of exercise but struggled to play a full day. I can't see boxing being more strenuous on dodgy knees compared to cricket.

The one thing taking up boxing has done for his injury/health issues is helped him loose weight. Apparently he lost a few stone for his fight which probably shows how fat he had gotten.

He had to retire from cricket as a result of a knee injury. He can do short spells of exercise but struggled to play a full day. I can't see boxing being more strenuous on dodgy knees compared to cricket.

The one thing taking up boxing has done for his injury/health issues is helped him loose weight. Apparently he lost a few stone for his fight which probably shows how fat he had gotten.

I found some footage of the low impact training heavyweight boxers use to reduce damage to the joints

I thought it was his ankle that was knackered due to cricket? I read once that because he was such a big lad, every time he bowled a tonne of weight went through his ankle and thats why his body couldn't cope with it.

The quality of opposition is irrelevant really, doesn't matter how shocking Dawson was but with a bit of extra training with the McGuigan's he could be decent, has the natural strength and size...Everybody would advise him to go out with an unbeaten record

He looked terrible and was floored by the only punch thrown by a guy who was paid to lose. Flintoff has no future in the sport, none. For people to even suggest (and they have) that he should fight Audley they are doing Audley a great disservice, he's still a Olympic amateur gold medalist, former British and European Champ and WBC championship contender. Even now, as shot to :censored: as he is, Audley would knock Flintoff out in the first round. Boxing like all sports requires a high degree of natural ability, you can't just train for 6/12/18/24 months and expect to be able to make it.

• 3 weeks later...