When Bafana Bafana head coach Gordon Igesund was over here recently, to create a good working relationship with overseas-based players' clubs, he said:

"According to FIFA rules, the players can only report for national duty 14 days before the start of the Afcon tournament. In this case, it will be the fifth of January. Our main aim in England will be to try and get the players released early from their clubs so they can join us at least 21 days before the start of Afcon. That means we would like to assemble the team around the Christmas festive period."

Latics have not said what was agreed for Furman, but it looks like he'll miss the Forest game.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

When Bafana Bafana head coach Gordon Igesund was over here recently, to create a good working relationship with overseas-based players' clubs, he said:

"According to FIFA rules, the players can only report for national duty 14 days before the start of the Afcon tournament. In this case, it will be the fifth of January. Our main aim in England will be to try and get the players released early from their clubs so they can join us at least 21 days before the start of Afcon. That means we would like to assemble the team around the Christmas festive period."

Latics have not said what was agreed for Furman, but it looks like he'll miss the Forest game.

Cheers Diego!

Not good news - I hope that the club can reach an agreement whereby Deano leaves after the FA Cup 3rd round... :pray:

Why worry- he only passes sideways and backwards anyway!;) up until the game on sat there was a 'feeling' he was too negative and defensive - a decent positive performance and all of a sudden he will be missed!

Saturday showed what Dean is capable of - if he continues in that vein then he will be missed. As you said 'a decent positive performance' - and as I've said before on this board, PD reads the comments and takes them on board...maybe...

The rarely-wrong Chron reports that Furman will not be involved in South Africa’s friendly against Malawi on December 22, and Latics remain hopeful he will be allowed by South Africa to feature at Forest, before linking-up with South Africa three days later.

http://www.oldham-ch...time-to-ease-up

Ah - but I did say 'maybe'... :shifty:

It could be an interesting question for the next fans forum:

'Paul hi - do you read the posts on the OWTB Forum? If so do you take them on board?'

Clearly he doesn't, or he would be trying to off himself every 3 weeks if he did.

Ah - but I did say 'maybe'... :shifty:

It could be an interesting question for the next fans forum:

'Paul hi - do you read the posts on the OWTB Forum? If so do you take them on board?'

There's been a few coincidences after suggestions on here. Most notably Smith getting more game time, Furman and Simpson getting dropped after mass calls on here. I've genuinelying wondered if he's pleased the 'masses'after reading stuff on here.

Doubt it , just obvious changes to make, I'm really against Simpson as a midfielder , totally out of place, mind you he looks like that wherever he's played this year , smith has been knocking at the door for sometime , and dean has been very patchy.

PD is rightly or wrongly very confident in himself so I don't think he'd bow to fan preside re team selection.

• 4 weeks later...