If we lose today...

Can someone explain the workings of a one-year rolling contract to me?

It's stated that Dickov's contract is renewed every January, but I thought that for that to be done, both parties have to be in agreement for its renewal.

Therefore, in theory if Corney doesn't agree to the renewal, is the contract therefore null and void, and is a year's salary not liable to be paid?

Or does Dickov also have to agree that it won't be renewed so compensation won't have to be paid?

I'm confused.

To me, one year rolling means it always has a year to run. So if we fire him off he gets a year's money.

Bring in a director of football, PD shows his ass and they all leave and we live happily ever after!!..( along with that stupid clipboard)

Can someone explain the workings of a one-year rolling contract to me?

It's stated that Dickov's contract is renewed every January, but I thought that for that to be done, both parties have to be in agreement for its renewal.

Therefore, in theory if Corney doesn't agree to the renewal, is the contract therefore null and void, and is a year's salary not liable to be paid?

Or does Dickov also have to agree that it won't be renewed so compensation won't have to be paid?

I'm confused.

I've understood the situation as Dickov gets a one year fixed-term contract for each season. So in May it costs very little to get rid but in October it costs a lot. The issue gets complicated if Corney does get rid and Dickov claims for unfair dismissal.

He did have a 1-year rolling contract. He told me, when I asked at a 'meet the gaffer' thing that every new day, he has a year to run on his contract. I'm sure that changed at some point though- I remember a link to the fishul on here. No idea what the change was though.

On the basis of the original contract, could Corney not just say, right, we're not renewing your rolling contract - you've got a year's notice? Not that I'm convinced we should do that yet anyway.