Matt Smith's miss - pathetic response from RRE knobs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, they were just voicing what some of us think.

I dont approve, far from it, but frustration is boiling up from the stands with the dross that has been served up.

Is it frustration welling up or just a bunch of bellenz who don't realise you're not supposed to abuse your team's players?

Is it frustration welling up or just a bunch of bellenz who don't realise you're not supposed to abuse your team's players?

If you actually went to game you would have come back and kicked the cat, it pure frustration.

Like I said, I dont approve yet Im not shocked by the response of some money paying supporters.

If you actually went to game you would have come back and kicked the cat, it pure frustration.

I'd probably just go to the pub and have a pint and say things like :censored: our luck.

Like I said, I dont approve yet Im not shocked by the response of some money paying supporters.

It is shocking. People get this idea into their heads that they go to watch their team win. They don't. They pay to watch their team play and to cheer them on.

And then when he had that perfectly fine goal disallowed, that was :censored:ing useless, too?

Then that promising partnership in the second half between Taylor and Smith was also :censored:ing useless?

Get a grip of get out you part-timers. If you've got nothing constructive to chant then don't chant at all and get back to your armchair and renew your SkySports contract.

And then when he had that perfectly fine goal disallowed, that was :censored:ing useless, too?

Then that promising partnership in the second half between Taylor and Smith was also :censored:ing useless?

Get a grip of get out you part-timers. If you've got nothing constructive to chant then don't chant at all and get back to your armchair and renew your SkySports contract.

Eggsackerley.

They looked they had the potential to forge a partnership in pre-season but Dickov will simply not trust his own players, meaning that we are back to square one when his latest loanee bolts…..

I'd probably just go to the pub and have a pint and say things like :censored: our luck.

It is shocking. People get this idea into their heads that they go to watch their team win. They don't. They pay to watch their team play and to cheer them on.

Im not getting into a debate with you I agree that it shouldnt happen, I've seen it happen before and I'm not shocked.

I remember fans chanting "off off off" to David Currie whern he wa given a yellow card.

As long a fans go to football games this thing will always happen.

Yes, it was a bad miss but so many fans are expecting Smith to run around like Derbyshire, finding space and pulling defenders around. The problem lies with Dickov in not setting his team up to suit the players he picks. In Smith's defence, how many opportunities have come his way from a winger racing to the byeline and delivering a cross to suit his size. Week in, week out all we see is Smith heading a ball with his back to the goal and at least 2 defenders around him

Yes, it was a bad miss but so many fans are expecting Smith to run around like Derbyshire, finding space and pulling defenders around. The problem lies with Dickov in not setting his team up to suit the players he picks. In Smith's defence, how many opportunities have come his way from a winger racing to the byeline and delivering a cross to suit his size. Week in, week out all we see is Smith heading a ball with his back to the goal and at least 2 defenders around him

It confused me that Dickov chose to use Derbyshire without a big striker, when Smith combined with Derbyshire from the bench I thought there was a budding partnership. Big-man-Little-man combination.

When Taylor got on today there was a clear bond between the strikers. Quite a few times Smith flicked on for Taylor and they caused some trouble for the defenders.

Individually, the 2 of them aren't up to League 1 standard at this current time in their careers but together it's not impossible for their partnership to be League 1 standard. They certainly seem to compliment one another's styles.

There have been many players in the past that aren't good enough quality for the league they play in, but they are in teams because they bring the best out of others. Think Duncan Ferguson.

Edited by NewBlue

Guest Scratch2000uk

The one thing you can't take away from Smithy is his commitment,and desire to do well, You can't really blame him not being on top of his game given the limited chances he's had can you?, Yet there are some who stroll out nearly every week and don't perform, but because they put the odd shift in they seem to be exempt.

We all get frustrated at missed chances but singing that :censored:e isn't helpful, is it?

It confused me that Dickov chose to use Derbyshire without a big striker, when Smith combined with Derbyshire from the bench I thought there was a budding partnership. Big-man-Little-man combination.

When Taylor got on today there was a clear bond between the strikers. Quite a few times Smith flicked on for Taylor and they caused some trouble for the defenders.

Individually, the 2 of them aren't up to League 1 standard at this current time in their careers but together it's not impossible for their partnership to be League 1 standard. They certainly seem to compliment one another's styles.

There have been many players in the past that aren't good enough quality for the league they play in, but they are in teams because they bring the best out of others. Think Duncan Ferguson.

Aside from the fact that Ferguson was more than good enough for the Premiership, he used to dominate and practically bully defenders. Smith doesn't do this. He wins the odd header purely because of his size, and that's about it.

The chanting is out of order, but lets not pretend Smith is something he isn't. He's out of his depth.

Aside from the fact that Ferguson was more than good enough for the Premiership, he used to dominate and practically bully defenders. Smith doesn't do this. He wins the odd header purely because of his size, and that's about it.

The chanting is out of order, but lets not pretend Smith is something he isn't. He's out of his depth.

I mean that compared to a lot of other strikers in the Premier League he was certainly not prolific.

Smith isn't ever going to score a sufficient amount of goals per season to be a lone striker but he can create chances and chip in himself. Especially with a good finisher, as I've been told Dan Taylor is from his performances in the reserves or whoever we may sign in January.