Lee Duxbury

I was mascot for a pre-season friendly at Exeter just after we got relegated to this division and Dux was the captain, I won't forget how friendly he was that day and he was a key reason for why I enjoyed the game so much (that and scoring 5 goals past Gary Kelly just before kick off!). Top bloke, no matter what he was like as a coach he was a great servant and ambassador of the club for well over a decade.

All the best for the future Dux!

Not to rain on this parade BUT..who is it that was the first team coach? Of the inconsistant under-performing squad? ...surely all of the blame can't be just taggart and clipboard man? There is one link to previous 'underperforming' regimes and that is.......?

You haven't rained on the parade, you've pissed all over it...

Surely you recognise how much effort Dux put into his job over the 15 years he was here on and off.

I think he has been brushed aside with the other two, probably through little fault of his own.

Would have kept him personally, consistancy is key sometimes - however i trust SC on this one, Dux is even said to be suffering some hard times at home too.

All the best Lee - you scored in the first game i watched at BP against Blackpool in '01.. forever remembered as a legend in the two seasons i saw you!

True fans will sing his name at Glanford Park and the City Ground. It's an absolute travesty that he is shoed out with the current regime. He's the leader of the Latics and yes Adams put that ball in at Wigan but all it does is reemphasise the fact that we had men playing for us then that we could only dream of now. Duxbury is ten times the man Dickov will ever be, and as Latics fans we should appreciate that now and forever.

Some of Dux's Goals Here…from about 1:24

Nice one Prozac, spent ages trying and failing to find a clip of the Wigan goal yesterday. One of my favourite goals ever. He really deserved a better send-off than this. Best of luck for the future, Dux.

Edited by rosa

Duxbury knows the fans love him. When you leave as a player it's a million miles from when you leave as a coach. He was our captain but we need to look after the club, now if duxbury was only acting as ressie coach he wouldn't have gone but clearly he has a big say in training and the day to day running of the team therefore he has left like the other two.