Lee Duxbury

Would just like to say, on the off chance that Lee or anyone close to him reads this board, what a delight it was to watch you as a player. A real leader, much deserving of the chant that the fans attached to you. That last minute header at Wigan is one I'll never forget and the fact Shez delivered it sort of summed up that period for us. You two ran the show. Boy, what i'd give for a goal threat from midfield like that. I've read some things on here this morning suggesting there's more serious issues facing you at the minute, but take heart from the fact you're a hero to many of us and many at Bradford City. Thanks for all you've done down the years. The current midfield aren't fit to lace your boots and I'll watch in anticipation wherever your fine career leads to next.

+1

If we had 11 players currently w displayed only 1/2 the effort, committment and sheer bloody minded determintion Dux showed, we'd not be in the situation we're in.

Could you ever imagine Dux :censored:ting out of a tackle like Montano, Wabara et all?

All the best Lee, thanks for all your efforts in your 2 spells with us

"he's the leader of our gang......"

Spot on, thanks for your efforts on and off the pitch Dux, a true legend of the League One years.

Favourite Dux moments:-

His winner at Wigan, they were unbeaten at home all season, no one gave us a prayer

The second at Maine Road that sealed the win in March '99

And many more important goals….

There were some dark, dark days under Stitch, not too dissimilar to those we are experiencing now - one of the shining beacons of light was Dux, after Roger Palmer probably imho our second Mr Reliable, as in when the chips were down we could call on him to pop up with a goal or two.

Thanks for everything during your two spells at the club Dux

Bloody hell, that goal at Maine Road. I was in the Main Stand that day and to this day can't believe how me and my old man managed to keep a lid on it until we got out.

Problem is Prozac we don't have those same kind of blokes in the team these days that we had in those dark days. Garnett, Kelly etc. yes, they weren't all the most gifted but I bet the opposition read the team sheet knowing they were in for a tough afternoon.

The worst part about today is losing Dux. From when Warnock signed him until his last game for us he was our Mr Reliable. Wholehearted, determined and a players player. A captain and leader of men (and boys)

He was also a team man and when PD took over stepped up on match days to do the analysis watching the opposition and noting down any change of tactics (now thats a proper use of a clipboard) and passing that information to the manager to decide if he needed to counter. Over the last 2 and a half years watching the ressies, you can see the calm way he has cajoled his troops wanting to help get bthe players ready for 1st team action. As I say a team man.

If thers's 1 person unlucky today it's Lee Duxbury. Good luck for the future Lee and thank you for your efforst over the years. I hope you get fixed up somewhere soon.

Spot on, thanks for your efforts on and off the pitch Dux, a true legend of the League One years.

Favourite Dux moments:-

His winner at Wigan, they were unbeaten at home all season, no one gave us a prayer

The second at Maine Road that sealed the win in March '99

And many more important goals….

There were some dark, dark days under Stitch, not too dissimilar to those we are experiencing now - one of the shining beacons of light was Dux, after Roger Palmer probably imho our second Mr Reliable, as in when the chips were down we could call on him to pop up with a goal or two.

Thanks for everything during your two spells at the club Dux

+1

Bloody hell, that goal at Maine Road. I was in the Main Stand that day and to this day can't believe how me and my old man managed to keep a lid on it until we got out.

Problem is Prozac we don't have those same kind of blokes in the team these days that we had in those dark days. Garnett, Kelly etc. yes, they weren't all the most gifted but I bet the opposition read the team sheet knowing they were in for a tough afternoon.

The last onfield leader we had was Greegs, and the tit in the hot seat binned him. Whether he was fit, overweight or not I'd take one Gregan or Dux over ANY 10 of Dickov's signings.

Edited by oafcprozac

He was very unfortunate the reserve league became a shambles with few worthwhile fixtures.

This meant the youths could hardly progress, while seniors returning from injuries had to wait for long spells before seeing action.

I agree he was the type of player Latics need now.

Edited by BP1960

Would just like to say, on the off chance that Lee or anyone close to him reads this board, what a delight it was to watch you as a player. A real leader, much deserving of the chant that the fans attached to you. That last minute header at Wigan is one I'll never forget and the fact Shez delivered it sort of summed up that period for us. You two ran the show. Boy, what i'd give for a goal threat from midfield like that. I've read some things on here this morning suggesting there's more serious issues facing you at the minute, but take heart from the fact you're a hero to many of us and many at Bradford City. Thanks for all you've done down the years. The current midfield aren't fit to lace your boots and I'll watch in anticipation wherever your fine career leads to next.

Totally agree with this. Top man Dux, thanks for everything!

Exactly the sort of attitude we need now. None of this chat that we hear now of "I should go forward more". He did it all, broke up attacks, scored goals and that was in far worse teams than this one now.

Our midfield could learn a thing or two watching some clips of him.

Top man Dux.

My Favourite Dux goals -

1. Wigan away

2. City away

3. Hull away (FA Cup)

Thanks for 100% effort. Should be welcomed back at BP with a standing ovation.

Forgot about that one in the FA Cup, towering header, two in a minute after Eyresy had blasted one in…. cracking day out that.

He talked the likes of Rickers/Salt/Boshell through so many games alongside him. A model pro.

It pains me that we used to have players like him and say 'we're not gonna roll over for you :censored:', and rolled his sleeves up for the battle, and now we're stuck with gutless mercenaries.

Thank the owner(s) that can still do no wrong, looking at that vid above look how busy the Chaddy End was - the situation was more desperate than it is now yet we all pulled together, now half of that lot have sodded off, never to return - the club is a mess and rotten to the core. And tbh I can see why many have walked...

I saw the goals on telly, Crewe scored and you can just see it in Montano's face that there wasn't going to be an ounce of fight to level it up again, i'm not singling Cristiano out but there's another 8 or 9 like him in the squad, couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. We've assembled a squad of pussies…...

Thank :censored: the Rugby League Season starts in 4 weeks time….

He talked the likes of Rickers/Salt/Boshell through so many games alongside him. A model pro.

It pains me that we used to have players like him and say 'we're not gonna roll over for you :censored:', and rolled his sleeves up for the battle, and now we're stuck with gutless mercenaries.

It was a spirit which used to epitomise our club and the reason why many people including myself chose to follow our club. The look on the faces of some of the billy big bollocks fans and pundits when the captain and leader of "little Owdum" put "massive Man Citeh" or "moneybags Wigan" to the sword was priceless.

Hope he finds himself a job at another club soon