Furman Captain Fantastic!

Dean Furman has not been at his best this season I think we can all agree? some of his performances have led to a bit of critism on here.

Today he was superb, a real leader for the whole 90 minutes

The first have he always wanted the ball and was a willing runner as well as closing down the oppo. He plugged away in midfield without much help due the fact we had the wrong balance, he always seemed to be behind everyone with no options n front of him

2nd half after a tactical change he stepped up a gear and led by example, his run and cross for the second goal was superb and again he always wanted the ball, this time he had plenty of runners, he had good distribution and rallied the players

He could have held back with a big tournament on the horizon for him but he was totally focused and did a great job for which I think deserves a lot of creidt - he was first over to PD in the celebrations as well which shows a a decent relationship between the Manager and his captain which can only be good for the rest of the season.

Well Done Deano - Good Luck with South Africa..........................................................

DONT COME BACK :censored:IN INJURED!!!!

Furman was my MotM.

Obviously Simpson would get it but for all-round general play I thought he was our best player by a mile.

Pressed, passed accurately, got stuck in, got into the right positions and led us strongly.

Fantastic from him, good luck in the African Cup of Nations, Deano!

I really rate Furman. From what I have seen he has not been at his best this season but he always wants the ball. I think its another case of he sets his standards high so the fans are more likely to criticise when he doesnt play well.

For me Wesolowski has been really disappointing this season judging on the games I have been too.

It's a shame Furman is hitting form before he sets off for the ACN!

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

Very impressed with him yesterday. His workrate was fantastic, especially considering he could be forgiven for his mind being elsewhere with him flying out to the ACON straight after the game. Was looking more like the player who didn't look out of his depth vs Liverpool in the second half.

Wasn't good first half but that was because Robbie simply is NEVER a CM in a month of Sunday's and left him completely exposed defensively and provided no natural CM movement when Furman was looking for a teammate.

Simply awesome in the 2nd half! Changy finally looked like a CM - sitting but keeping the ball moving without his usual drifting which allowed Furman to be at his box-to-box best. The run for the goal was brilliant and he linked so well with Jose. If changy/winchester can play the Dale Stephens role, sweeping in a passing capacity (ala Carrick) behind a box-to-box Furman you have an awesome CM duo. I have never seen this in Changy untill yesterday (when he was screamed at by TP to not drift) so had always assumed Winchester was the man for the role, either way it really did work

Well played captain, enjoy the ACON!