For fun....would you?

no.put simply. it could quite possibly be the death of this club. look at stockport

I don't think Stockport won the FA Cup did they? The money from actually winning it would pretty much guarantee that wouldn't happen. Success in cup competitions can benefit league form. 1990 anyone?

Ask Portsmouth fans that question retrospectively...

I suspect they'd rather have stayed in the Premier League and lost in the semi-finals looking at their plight.

To be honest most loved winning the FA Cup but accept both the cup win and premier league run was 'unnatural' and are happy that they have a club at all - A lot of my family are big Pompey fans.

no.put simply. it could quite possibly be the death of this club. look at stockport

Except Stockport are still in existence as are most other clubs who are relegated from L1. They also didn't win the FA Cup.

I would take this any day, the money made from the run and cup win would be worth more than staying in L1 in the short term. It should enable us to make a go at getting promoted back up to L1 and potentially the Championship.