When will he learn

When have we even gone 3 at the back and not conceded another goal? Clueless

We ended the game with 4 wingers on the pitch and 3 defenders!!!

Now hes managed to sign Jose up we should get rid, there is nothing left worth keeping him for!

I was saying the same to anyone who would listen as he was making the substitution. With 5 minutes left as a desperate measure, fine, i can understand that but not with 15 - 20 minutes left. It takes as it's premise that the opposition won't attack but they are bound to with that amount of time left and today Donaldson was stood on his own where Byrne should have been. It also reduces the attacking threat of Wabara has he has to focus on

defending. I do wish he'd stop doing it.

Edited by astottie

I was saying the same to anyone who would listen as he was making the substitution. With 5 minutes left as a desperate measure, fine, i can understand that but not with 15 - 20 minutes left. It takes as it's premise that the opposition won't attack but they are bound to with that amount of time left and today Donaldson was stood on his own where Byrne should have been. It also reduces the attacking threat of Wabara has he has to focus on

defending. I do wish he'd stop doing it.

This.

I think brown and Warbara could form a good partnership on the right. The left flank was also a major problem today.

He won't start with Brown as he will never drop Croft no matter how badly he plays, everyone knows Simpson is a square peg in a round hole on the left wing - except it seems the manager.

Should of this should of that all terrace managing, lets leave him to get on instead of slating"" it was a poor effort today and yes spineless but when your backup is Winchester,Millar,Hughes, what chance do we stand of competing really!! Don't wanna get at our youngsters but they just not good enough whether they had the time on pitch or not they should be busting a b*****k with whatever time they get and stake a claim!

He won't start with Brown as he will never drop Croft no matter how badly he plays, everyone knows Simpson is a square peg in a round hole on the left wing - except it seems the manager.

against forrest, putting him there probably won us the game as changy was just hopeless there and simpson couldn't find a blue shirt to save his life in the middle. once they switched, they both played much much better. he is a stop gap, filling in for monty but out of the options we have I think he's probably the best we have, unless dickov's going to give hughes/Sutherland/mellor a chance out there but theres no chance of that happening

He's as awkward and slippery as a manager as he was as a player.

For 5 games you think he's tactically inept but then for 1 match he does something different and we win which postpones his sacking or in today's case he manages to keep Baxter.

I'm now thinking that these occasional good performances are just flukes. How can't he see the faults of his system? It's evident for everybody. Smith ain't a lone striker, we need 2 strikers up front, we don't have any leaders.

I'm hoping that Doncaster come calling, if they do then we get some compensation and we don't have to pay to sack him.

Edited by NewBlue

Should of this should of that all terrace managing, lets leave him to get on instead of slating"" it was a poor effort today and yes spineless but when your backup is Winchester,Millar,Hughes, what chance do we stand of competing really!! Don't wanna get at our youngsters but they just not good enough whether they had the time on pitch or not they should be busting a b*****k with whatever time they get and stake a claim!

As some of the seniors did today ?

He has bought more time with the win over forest and the Liverpool draw, shame that the money made from those two ties will be wiped out by the weekly decreasing attendances at bp under Paul dickov. Get rid

Edited by 4froale

smith should never have started today,to slow and never gave their defenders any concern,the only reason why he played was the reaction the forrest manager gave him after last weeks game,so if dickov had anything about him he would have started with somebody else up front because brentford would have made a game plan to stop smith which they did with no problem as shown today

smith should never have started today,to slow and never gave their defenders any concern,the only reason why he played was the reaction the forrest manager gave him after last weeks game

The Forest manager's comments were a fair reflection of what I saw.

I'd have started with Smith today. I'd also have replaced him with Taylor after an hour when it was clear that their defenders lacked pace.

smith should never have started today,to slow and never gave their defenders any concern,the only reason why he played was the reaction the forrest manager gave him after last weeks game,so if dickov had anything about him he would have started with somebody else up front because brentford would have made a game plan to stop smith which they did with no problem as shown today

Is this a joke?

Yeh, baffling that you wouldn't of started with smith. He has been immense last 2 games. The problem was that no one got near him to capitalise in his flicks.

Baxter read the flicks really well first half. Often moving towards the ball and then changing direction and moving forwards as Smith came across to head the ball.

Baxter read the flicks really well first half. Often moving towards the ball and then changing direction and moving forwards as Smith came across to head the ball.

how often has that worked and led to a goal not many as i recall so i think a rethink is called for!

Nothing is worse than taking the captain/most experienced defender off , going 3 at the back, disgraceful , we were all over the shop after, the second goal you could see a mile off, croft chugging back, mvito and wabara all at sea, no one shouting at each other, utter joke .

Croft should have come off, he was :censored:ed, and we should have gone 3 in mid, 3 up top, we got nothing from wide anyway, 343 is suicide , sick of the same tactical :censored: ups .

Nothing is worse than taking the captain/most experienced defender off , going 3 at the back, disgraceful , we were all over the shop after, the second goal you could see a mile off, croft chugging back, mvito and wabara all at sea, no one shouting at each other, utter joke .

Croft should have come off, he was :censored:ed, and we should have gone 3 in mid, 3 up top, we got nothing from wide anyway, 343 is suicide , sick of the same tactical :censored: ups .

This manager just doesn't see what's going on...Brentford made substitutions before the Latics , as most tactically aware opposition managers (even when winning) do at BP.

Edited by BP1960