When will he learn

The only difference today was that Brentford are far superior in attack than we are. Hence the league positions. We had decent spells of play but we are not quick enough to penetrate forward. Brentford without hoofing move and break forward quickly. They came to do a job and they did it. Simpson didn't have a great game, but he isn't a winger. Crofty didn't do as well as usual and nor did the croft/Wabara combination.

Brentford took their 2 of 3 good chances and Latics failed to take their one good chance. This side just lacks something, looking at most these players they could they could fit into a good winning league one side. However collectively here we are not. Can this side play a different style/formation and prosper? I don't think so actually. PD is here and so for me gets another crack at keeping the right players from this bunch and briniging another half in next season. Jose Baxter baby will be here....or a wad of cash.

This manager just doesn't see what's going on...Brentford made substitutions before the Latics , as most tactically aware opposition managers (even when winning) do at BP.

I beg to differ, when PD went 3 at the back, Rosler went one up top and brought another midfield man on.

Before that Lags, Rosler took off a tiring player... PD kept the tiring Croft on,

Granted croft or the Croft/Wabara combination didn't do as well as it as done. At least Croft thinks to track back it's not really natural in Robbie's game. Simpson isn't a winger!

Granted croft or the Croft/Wabara combination didn't do as well as it as done. At least Croft thinks to track back it's not really natural in Robbie's game. Simpson isn't a winger!

Everyone knows that but PD Lags.

Edited by BP1960

We're running out of excuses for Dickov:

We play well - we lose.

We play badly - we lose.

We play a team pushing for promotion - we lose.

We play a team near the bottom - we lose.

We play with our first choice starting eleven - we lose.

7 minutes at Forest and the luck of the draw is keeping his Dickov his job. It's great Baxter's signed but him alone won't keep us up (as has been proven in many of the games he's played in over the last few months). A decent (or even not so decent..) team played with decent tactics might do, but our manager just doesn't seem to have it in him at the moment.

The only difference today was that Brentford are far superior in attack than we are. Hence the league positions. We had decent spells of play but we are not quick enough to penetrate forward. Brentford without hoofing move and break forward quickly. They came to do a job and they did it. Simpson didn't have a great game, but he isn't a winger. Crofty didn't do as well as usual and nor did the croft/Wabara combination.

Brentford took their 2 of 3 good chances and Latics failed to take their one good chance. This side just lacks something, looking at most these players they could they could fit into a good winning league one side. However collectively here we are not. Can this side play a different style/formation and prosper? I don't think so actually. PD is here and so for me gets another crack at keeping the right players from this bunch and briniging another half in next season. Jose Baxter baby will be here....or a wad of cash.

Rosler must have been laughing his cock off today, so easy to play against, if the management really think Smith playing up front on his own, Simpson as a left midfielder and Winchester playing at all was the answer then I don't even want to know the questions.

Edited by deyres42

We need a centre forward ,and quickly .

Smith is not the answer , far too easy for teams to neutralise him .

Our lack of goals all season , and at home is pathetic.

Every game is a struggle as we are unable to create a winning lead.

I despair of what they do in training .

smith should never have started today,to slow and never gave their defenders any concern,the only reason why he played was the reaction the forrest manager gave him after last weeks game,so if dickov had anything about him he would have started with somebody else up front because brentford would have made a game plan to stop smith which they did with no problem as shown today

I've got no time for Matt Smith as a footballer, but that's the biggest load of tosh I've ever read. He was a constant nuisance last week!

And it's spelt 'Forest'.

I'm far from Smith's biggest fan, but i thought he did all that could be expected off him yesterday. IMO, his 1st half performance was the best 45mins he had for us. What we lack is someone along side him to utilise the flick on's, the space and to link up properly with him.

4-4-1-1 isnt working. It hasnt really all season.

If Smith is to play, then it needs 4-4-2. Smith needs a fellow striker up with him. I'd look and see if Dan Taylor can be that man; looks to me like the off the shoulder striker we need along side Smith. Baxter drops to advance mjdfielder with Wes mopping up in the DM role.

But, PD will stick with 4-4-1-1, with underperforming players like Croft et all still turning out week in; week out.

I'll be there; still hoping and believing, but playing as we do, Liverpool are gojng to smash us. So to Coventry....

Smith needs a partner and that isn't Baxter nor should it be Simpson. Try the man who is not ready but scored - Dan Taylor for me. We were 1 0 down and the substitutions made certain that we would not win. I would have put Taylor on for Croft with M'Changama taking over on the wing and Baxter dropping back a little (yes I know he didn't make a tackle after he was booked but the change might have persuaded him to get going again).

Baxter is a wonderful signing but does this mean there is no more money. If we have to watch what we have for the rest of the season Baxter will find himself playing in league 2.

Simpson had a wonderful spell at Forest but yesterday he was just a fall guy.