Hazard sent off for kicking ball boy !

What Hazard did was wrong, but I have more sympathy for him than the ballboy, or should it be ballman. Surely ballboys should be just that, kids that haven't been corrupted by the diving , rolling over, feigning injury habit that now infests our game. At 11/12 year old the players be it for both teams are more respected, the ball will be given back immediately. How old was the ballboy in the Croft incident he certainly looked about 16/17. Will anything happen to the ballboy I suppose not, perhaps a place on the next series of "celebrity big brother".

Edited by disjointed

What Hazard did was wrong, but I have more sympathy for him than the ballboy, or should it be ballman. Surely ballboys should be just that, kids that haven't been corrupted by the diving , rolling over, feigning injury habit that now infests our game. At 11/12 year old the players be it for both teams are more respected, the ball will be given back immediately. How old was the ballboy in the Croft incident he certainly looked about 16/17. Will anything happen to the ballboy I suppose not, perhaps a place on the next series of "celebrity big brother".

The ball-boy in the Croft incident was 14 and was a member of the Sheffield Utd u15 side. Maybe that's the issue; those who are children of club staff or in the club youth set up shouldn't be allowed to be ball-children

Which begs the question of what the fourth official is actually for.

Refs have too much to do to record time accurately. I favour a Rugby League-style hooter system, which is based (I think) on three independent timekeepers.

All 4 officials keep time. Not especially difficult to start and stop your watch when play is starting or stopping.

All 4 officials keep time. Not especially difficult to start and stop your watch when play is starting or stopping.

...and yet so many fail to do so, or are so busy :censored:ing about with their watches that they miss the blatant handball, the headbutt, the forearm smash or, for instance, the spacehopper on the 6-yard line.

The fact is that with so much else going on, the ref's timekeeping is bound to be ropey. Let someone else do it is all I'm saying.