Dickov gone Monday morning

This is my first post, so I expect doubters. I have heard from a good source that SC is going to sack PD on Monday morning. I have met PD and always found him to be a good man. I really would have liked him to do well, but he hasn't. If he does get sacked the players are as much to blame

What if we win on Sunday?

I'm not sure Dickov's the best man for the job, but there's no way Corney would interrupt the relative media scrum in that scenario to announce the manager's been shown the door. We'd look ridiculous.

This is my first post, so I expect doubters. I have heard from a good source that SC is going to sack PD on Monday morning. I have met PD and always found him to be a good man. I really would have liked him to do well, but he hasn't. If he does get sacked the players are as much to blame

Ever heard the expression, attention seeker???

I hate these 'I've never posted on here before but I thought I'd post because I know something you don't know' threads. If you've got a source, reveal your source. If you can't reveal your source, you're about as much use as Wikipedia or that highly unreliable football rumours site.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

I am surprised how little stick the players have had this season considering the performances.

Because, prior to the last few games, they've not been lacking in effort. Just organisation & application.

Another damning indictment of Dickov - us, often reprehensible, lot don't even seem to have a boo boy, despite the results.

A cousin of mine in Delaware, USA regards himself as a Latics fan. He’ll be listening to the match on Sunday via SiriusXM internet radio.

He tells me whether to replace a team manager in any sport is based on three issues in his opinion:

1. Do the players do their very best in every game?

2. Does the team strategy of play enhance the players’ strengths and conceal their weaknesses?

3. Do the tactics of each match give the team a chance of success?

If you can answer yes to all three, you don’t need a new manager, you need better players. If no, consider hiring a new manager.

I told him the three answers were No.

Because, prior to the last few games, they've not been lacking in effort. Just organisation & application.

Another damning indictment of Dickov - us, often reprehensible, lot don't even seem to have a boo boy, despite the results.

Constant like of desire all season has cost us - The players have gone on to that pitch too many times when they're not up and properly motivated for the game.

Bad tactics which don't play to our strengths has also cost us - get Matt Smith in the box in training and keep firing crosses in, soon the ability will be revealed - just need it to sync!

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

I expected the uncertainty over this. I must admit it does not make sense to me either, SC could have done it after Tuesday. TP or a n other could have took the reigns for Sunday with the hope of the new manager effect hopefully helping

Potentially could be waiting until the money generated from the cup tie is in the bank?