Carl Winchester

Grounds has barely been mentioned but he was my man of the match yesterday. Smith rightly deserves the plaudits for his performance, as do the rest of the defence, but Grounds deserves recognition for not putting a foot wrong despite being under a lot of pressure and not really having an outlet in front of him for much of the game.

Very much agree, I've given Grounds stick but he was excellent yesterday as was Wabara - although if Sterling is an international player then so am I.

Wes was my man of the match though, tackled everything that moved, covered a load of ground and used the ball nicely when he had it.

Edited by deyres42

Wes was my man of the match though, tackled everything that moved, covered a load of ground and used the ball nicely when he had it.

Wes MOTM I thought, led by example and stopped their midfield from playing. and when our defence were literally throwing themselves infront of the ball, or clearing it after a Liverpool attack he went up to each player, congratulated them and told them to go again. Top work as captain!

Wes MOTM I thought, led by example and stopped their midfield from playing. and when our defence were literally throwing themselves infront of the ball, or clearing it after a Liverpool attack he went up to each player, congratulated them and told them to go again. Top work as captain!

Wes for me should have been our Captain for this season. He's a better option in that role than Furman IMO.

he was awful first half - lets be honest 9 touches too many and lost a lot of ground trying to turn when it wasnt an option

Did well 2nd half great cross and showed some composure on the ball and worked his a*** off.

Are you drunk?! Re-watch that first half and post again. You were watching a different game. The one time he didn't have an option yes he did go back to the goalie, but IMO that showed massive maturity when he could have lost it.

Very giddy, thought he looked a little boy lost in the first half, settled down in the second but I still can't have him as a midfielder.

Don't agree thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, made Liverpools multi million pound look dung.

He really isn't a full back.

Box to box midfielder potential.

I think this is what destroyed both Winchester's and Mellor's confidence. They were both played at full-back for quite a few games last season and neither of them did very well at all. They probably doubted themselves and their ability to play at this level.

They're both evidently very talented lads, hence the reason they had the bid from Fulham. Winchester's confidence will be back as a result of the Liverpool match, it will make him better if anything, but Mellor still has a way to go to get it back.

can I just point out that Oldham Athletic's Carl Winchester is the same age as Liverpool's Andre Wisdom and Jack Robinson, who looked the more mature player may I ask. thought he may have been out of his depth initially but boy did he prove my wrong and man am I glad about it! one for the future definitely!!