Corney on BBC Breakfast

...refused to be drawn on the situation with Dickov but commented that it kind of makes him angry that the team can pull off a result like that and not cut it in the league. Did say that it could kick-start the season and if they get the results, then Dickov's position will not be under discussion.

I think Dickov will still be here, come the end of the day.

Remember after coventry at home was the pivotal point when alot of tics started calling for dickovs head.

Then we put in arguably performance of the season at crewe and it was a case of stick with him now we know what we/he was capable of. One big cup game performance cant change the fact 9 out of 10 performances under dickov the past 2 years have been sub standard.

Love the fella if im honest and would like him to stay in some sort of capacity. But now we can afford to pay him off if mr corney feels the need...

Edited by keep_the_faith

Yesterday's result may be the equivalent of ManUre's win at Forest with a Mark Robins goal, which was generally accepted as the result that kept Fergie in his job.

If it is, then brilliant, but I'm not convinced. Much as I'm grinning from ear to ear at the moment, I'm also still fuming at the players' performance at Notts County.

Yesterday's result may be the equivalent of ManUre's win at Forest with a Mark Robins goal, which was generally accepted as the result that kept Fergie in his job.

If it is, then brilliant, but I'm not convinced. Much as I'm grinning from ear to ear at the moment, I'm also still fuming at the players' performance at Notts County.

Same here Terry, one or two of our lads are stealing a living this season. Yesterday was fantastic and will live with us all forever, but anything less than a win at Walsall and certainly 6/9 points in the next three then it will leave a bitter taste.

I want Dickov out but how can we sack him after yesterday? He deserves at least another three games and maybe until the end of February to show he can keep us in this league but lose Saturday and next Tuesday then the writing is on the wall.

What a season of incredible highs and lows this has been!

think we wouldnt get away with a physical performance like that in league one due to the poor officials was a fairly even reffing performance thought he let a lot go by both sides and let the game flow most of the idiotd we get in league one wouldnt

Same here Terry, one or two of our lads are stealing a living this season. Yesterday was fantastic and will live with us all forever, but anything less than a win at Walsall and certainly 6/9 points in the next three then it will leave a bitter taste.

I want Dickov out but how can we sack him after yesterday? He deserves at least another three games and maybe until the end of February to show he can keep us in this league but lose Saturday and next Tuesday then the writing is on the wall.

What a season of incredible highs and lows this has been!

Spot on for me Prozac.

I changed my mind recently and have totally had enough of same old same, when it isn't working.

It may well be time for a change but we can't do it after arguably our greatest ever win.

We have to give him a chance now and SC should give him a few quid to get Wellens (if its a possibility) and a striker in!

Can only imagine what the meeting's going to be like today. PD "So are you going to sack me then?"

We've said it before about PD pulling it out of the fire when all hope of success, and his managerial future, seem lost. Yesterday was the mother of all that!

But the relationship between PD and SC does seem to be extremely open (not in that way!) and now very, very public. PD could have spat his dummy out after the backroom staff left, but he just got on with it. SC seems to be saying it like it is. Maybe it's better that way than the boardroom whisperings you hear from every other club.