Jonathan Grounds is our best outfield player.

For me he's the only one who consistently puts in a good shift. Iwelumo is a bag of :censored:e, didn't jump for any balls today. Croft is lost without Wabara. Connor Brown cannot cross to save his life, no commitment again. Tired of this crap, away days aren't cheap and they're getting worse and worse....

I've been to every game in the past month and a half (except Notts County as I can't even make tuesday home games.) and for me he's the only one who looks like he wants to win for the full ninety minutes. I know you all think I'm nuts but it's just personal views

He's been one of the biggest flops of the season in my opinion. He's part of a back four - five, including Bouzanis - which can only be described as a shambles.

Wabara, defensively, wasn't brilliant, Cliff is at 6's and 7's, M'Voto I won't fault because he's more or less excellent, and Grounds is out of position for the majority of the match. Bouzanis isn't good enough to be number one.

That's just the defence.

He's been one of the biggest flops of the season in my opinion. He's part of a back four - five, including Bouzanis - which can only be described as a shambles.

Wabara, defensively, wasn't brilliant, Cliff is at 6's and 7's, M'Voto I won't fault because he's more or less excellent, and Grounds is out of position for the majority of the match. Bouzanis isn't good enough to be number one.

That's just the defence.

I agree Wabara was much better on the attack but I just feel although he might get out of position from time to time that he's fully committed and is a brilliant left back

That's just the defence.

Mvoto for the majority of our games has been a liability, Byrne is solid not spectacular, Wabara was crap defensively as was brown today,Grounds has been the best full back I have seen in this league and i have been to 75% of our games.

Mvoto for the majority of our games has been a liability, Byrne is solid not spectacular, Wabara was crap defensively as was brown today,Grounds has been the best full back I have seen in this league and i have been to 75% of our games.

Difference of opinions, really. Nowt wrong with it, but I will say it doesn't take much to score against us.

Both full-backs are/were easily dragged about. I'll take you M'Voto point but I think he makes up for his varying degrees of clumsliness. Byrne I liked before December. Now I'm seeing a tired bloke who doesn't have any understanding with goalkeeper of defensive partner.

With Grounds when he decides to join the attack is brilliant. I've seen him do it twice all season. Paints its own pciure. It's like Furman and PD's insistence that he wants him pushed well up the pitch - it happens once in a blue moon. It doesn't make them good players because they do something on a rare occasion.

This post is total bollocks, unless its a troll. Grounds was fantastic on Sunday, but throughout the season he's been dodgy

100% agree!

He has no idea whats going on around him and where the people he is marking are especially when a cross is coming in..........watch it next game, players are always sneaking in bvehind him and he doesnt have a clue

He had a decent game on the left wing earlier in the season but has shown me nothing other than that going forward except for under hit or over hit crosses

He looked a class act in the second half at Forest and again looked awesome against Liverpool so there is very obviously a very talented player there but IMO he has been a big problem in our defence all season..................but so have Byrne and Mvoto tbf :grin:

100% agree!

He has no idea whats going on around him and where the people he is marking are especially when a cross is coming in..........watch it next game, players are always sneaking in bvehind him and he doesnt have a clue

He had a decent game on the left wing earlier in the season but has shown me nothing other than that going forward except for under hit or over hit crosses

He looked a class act in the second half at Forest and again looked awesome against Liverpool so there is very obviously a very talented player there but IMO he has been a big problem in our defence all season..................but so have Byrne and Mvoto tbf :grin:

Me and you have been here before, therefore i am going to let somebody else disagree with you,

I mean at the moment, he's in the best form of all the team and is therefore for me the man of the moment, I think you're all just turning your noses because he's a defender and you all only appreciate goal scorers

What goal scorers?

We've been on a run recently where we've conceded 20 goals in 9 matches therefore it probably isn't a defender that has been the best player over that period.

I respect your opinion that Grounds is all around a good player, I agree that he is too but he can't be classed as the best at the moment when he's part of such a porous defence.

To be honest, over the last 9 league matches I really struggle to pick out a best player they've all been so poor. For me it has probably been Matt Smith when he was fit. He has drastically improved and in the aforementioned matches he has been a nuisance to opposition defences which probably warrants him being on the best form.

But it doesn't matter when we're in the position as we are. The players need to become a collective group rather than a bunch of individuals to get us out of this :censored:.

What goal scorers?

We've been on a run recently where we've conceded 20 goals in 9 matches therefore it probably isn't a defender that has been the best player over that period.

I respect your opinion that Grounds is all around a good player, I agree that he is too but he can't be classed as the best at the moment when he's part of such a porous defence.

To be honest, over the last 9 league matches I really struggle to pick out a best player they've all been so poor. For me it has probably been Matt Smith when he was fit. He has drastically improved and in the aforementioned matches he has been a nuisance to opposition defences which probably warrants him being on the best form.

But it doesn't matter when we're in the position as we are. The players need to become a collective group rather than a bunch of individuals to get us out of this :censored:.

I do know what you're all saying and I've worded the whole thing poorly. I just mean he looks more committed and in the game than the others for the full 90, I agree Baxter has not been brilliant lately and Matt Smith was showing signs of improvement (before the Liverpool game)

i honestly dont no what games some of you watch on here. this post is spot on grounds is clearly the best left back we've owned in years and prob this year in our top 3 players. composed on the ball, joins in the attack, decent defender, played at higher level. we wont get any better than him with our budget

i honestly dont no what games some of you watch on here. this post is spot on grounds is clearly the best left back we've owned in years and prob this year in our top 3 players. composed on the ball, joins in the attack, decent defender, played at higher level. we wont get any better than him with our budget

:OASISscarf: