Chairman on 5 live this morning

Loads of managers do it, fully backed by the LMA and come out smelling of roses, labelled the victim and with ££££ in their pocket.

They then get new jobs as managers and we'll then public enemy #1 within the LMA fraternity....don't expect any more loanees from Taggart in future then!

It stinks......If any of us possessed the same performance records as PD in our jobs then we would be searching the sit vacs long before now!

Hmmm I don't know about loads, I know managers who get sacked go to court over severance packages but resigning and then going to court? I'll bow to your judgement but I'm not sure

Only in football can one be totally wank doing what one is paid for and yet still walk into another the next day/ weekend/ week or month.

In the normal world a CV is a must have, so why when it is public knowledge is there a need to resign before getting the boot as every man and his dog knows how wank you really were?

Regardless of whether Dickov is a nice bloke; niceities aren't getting points, something of which has now become more of an emergency, lose on Tuesday and next Saturday to Yeovil and MK respectively and I think its safe go say- start preparing for life in L2, not something I will relish and I don't go for this "relegation isn't the end of the world": in football terms it :censored:in is!

There was a bit of everything in the interview - which was about 40 minutes into Sportsweek.

Corney hawking for a new manager.

Corney taking Garry Richardson's bait - "This interview is about a chairman's dilemmas in the lower leagues."

Corney making it known that he's given Dickov lots of time and then some (which is true).

Corney showing Dickov the door in the hope he'll walk out of it without a severance package.

It was messy and confused - and therefore a good interview, because the situation is messy and confused.

Oh. And by the way Simon: when Garry Richardson says, "Good morning Simon," the correct response, used by 99% of Sportsweek guests, is, "Morning Garry". Sportsweek in our house is known as Morning Garry.