Chairman on 5 live this morning

To be fair, I am :censored:ing embarrassed about this now.

All this if, buts, maybe's, I would rather this be dealt with internally rather than blasted to the media.

This is a circus act.

I agree. Talk to the media after you have made a decision and informed PD. Whatever footballing shortcomings there may have been, he deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.

This should have been played out infront of the board at a private location and whatever the outcome post officially by the clubs website.

Blabbing to the media ( who really dont care about the club) just smacks of what we really are, a club run like a sack of :censored:, both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

Do you think the stress of running this club is getting to him?

Stop playing to the media - sack him, move on and bring someone in to kick the players up the arse. I'd take Dowie.

If my boss was supposedly my mate, I'd be right pissed off should they play the sword of Damocles out in public.

In my opinion I think SC is hoping that Dickov will resign thus avoiding the pay off. Cant think of any other reason for him going down the route of constantly undermining him. For all his shortcomings as a manager for which there are many, he still deserves to be told behind closed doors whether he is backed or sacked. We all know though the PD is unlikely to resign and for the sake of our future in League One this needs clearing up now.

Is he trying to get Dickov to walk? going on the radio, putting the writing on the wall almost giving Dickov no other option, get him to walk and we don't have to pay him off. Agree with Lukers though, this is getting embarrassing

...and the club are then dragged through the court with a constructive dismissal case

... Corney loves the attention!! It's been obviously from the very start that he's trying to force Dickov to walk, he had hoped that cutting all his staff would be the final straw and he would resign!

He looked very uncomfortable on breakfast tv last week after the cup win when he clearly was hoping to be hunting for a new manager not celebrating being Liverpool

SC should had made a decision weeks ago rather than playing games. More :censored:ed up decisions by our 'so called' owner....

...and the club are then dragged through the court with a constructive dismissal case

Not what we want! I doubt Dickov would do that though to be fair. If he wants to make it as a manager, with :censored: all on his CV and then sues his previous employer (rightly or wrongly), if I was a chairman looking at signing him he wouldn't be a very attractive proposition

Not what we want! I doubt Dickov would do that though to be fair. If he wants to make it as a manager, with :censored: all on his CV and then sues his previous employer (rightly or wrongly), if I was a chairman looking at signing him he wouldn't be a very attractive proposition

Yes and we arent making a very good impression to entice anybody with any ability to take the job after PD if they see how unprofessionally we are handling this.

I assume Simon was invited to speak on the programme and then had to answer the question put to him. Had he refused after always, it seems, being available they would have assumed PD was on his way out.

I think SC has tried to get PD to improve and these appeals in public are just another way, a last resort, of trying to get PD to do better.

He doesn't want to sack him for two reasons, money and friendship, and would prefer PD to negotiate a resignation rather than stubbornly hanging on flailing away out of his depth before being sacked.

Loads of managers do it, fully backed by the LMA and come out smelling of roses, labelled the victim and with ££££ in their pocket.

They then get new jobs as managers and we'll then public enemy #1 within the LMA fraternity....don't expect any more loanees from Taggart in future then!

It stinks......If any of us possessed the same performance records as PD in our jobs then we would be searching the sit vacs long before now!