Best fans

Sorry if this has been posted elsewher. Quote from Simon Corney

“The fans tonight were brilliant – I must have had eight or nine different officials or directors from Everton come up to me and say they are the best they’ve ever seen,” said Corney, who was part of a consortium that bought the club in 2004.

Edited by Stevie_J

“The fans tonight were brilliant – I must have had eight or nine different officials or directors from Everton come up to me and say they are the best they’ve ever seen,” said Corney, who was part of a consortium that bought the club in 2004.

Made it bigger for you Pete!

Had to do it because it hurt my eyes reading it.

It's a nice sentiment!

I've never understood this weird superiority complex Premier League supporters have simply because they happen to support a bigger club, as if that's some kind of personal achievement on their part. You're still Scousers lads, the boils on the arse of the North.

Edited by JonesyOAFC

From Everton forum..... Got to laugh.

their fans were getting amused by anything small time, i.e. when mirallas couldn't keep a ball in play. if it weren't for the ref being on their side it could have been 5-1.

They're just small club bitter fans mate, i would really worry about what they had to say about us. there was probably something along the lines of "how **** are everton fans, didn't sing all game" on there as well, overlooking the fact we play the best teams in england week in week out, so excuse us for not getting all excited for beating a league 1 team at home.

And this fan clearly suffers from dilusions of grandeur. Although he will think its a cocktail! MATE!!!!!!!

Our support was truly awesome pity the songs would be interpreted as home support on the TV... Oh when the blues ....blue flag etc.

I've got a lot of time for Everton. Half my family are Evertonians. A lot of them were very gracious after we beat them in 2008. But..... I do sometimes think that the referee would have to give David Moyes a handjob on the touchline then go around the ground personally buying each one of them a pint for them to concede that the referee isn't on the other team's side.

I've never understood this weird superiority complex Premier League supporters have simply because they happen to support a bigger club, as if that's some kind of personal achievement on their part. You're still Scousers lads, the boils on the arse of the North.

It's not just the Premier League though, expect a similar attitude on Saturday when we take on a team who have a devine right to play in the Premier League

Edited by Tommy_Fent

It's not just the Premier League though, expect a similar attitude on Saturday when we take on a team who have a devine right to play in the Premier League

Fair point. Which is ironic, considering in the past 30 odd years they've been in the top tier for about 2 more seasons than we have...

In today's Chron, Carl Marsden says:

“We were beaten but not disgraced. I’m proud of my club, my town and our supporters. The big question for me is how many of them will support us in the league? Oldham is their town, every week – not just for cup runs.”

http://www.oldham-ch...-go-marching-in

It's certainly a big question and, now that the Leader of the Council has been so impressed with the "We love you Oldham" and "Oldham 'til I die" chants, I wonder if the Council will adopt the slogan:

Oldham is your town, every week - not just for cup runs.

All fans have a group who do that though... check posts on here when we played rochdale.

In today's Chron, Carl Marsden says:

“We were beaten but not disgraced. I’m proud of my club, my town and our supporters. The big question for me is how many of them will support us in the league? Oldham is their town, every week – not just for cup runs.”

http://www.oldham-ch...-go-marching-in

It's certainly a big question and, now that the Leader of the Council has been so impressed with the "We love you Oldham" and "Oldham 'til I die" chants, I wonder if the Council will adopt the slogan:

Oldham is your town, every week - not just for cup runs.

Well said. Id judge "best fans" on the numbers that turn up week in, week out rather than the numbers and noise that we can generate in a big alcohol fuelled night out at a premier league ground.

German friend asked me these questions on the night:

"So where is the Everton ultra block?"

"Is that "Come on Oldham""?

"Where are the singing Everton fans, why isn't it showing them?"

"What the f*ck?"

Don't tell my Grandad, but I bloody love those Germans. :grin::biker:

Clearly they have eight or nine new officials since we last played them.