New Supporters Bar on the plan?

gotta dissagree there sorry. the main stand is a dump, a relic which died many moons ago. i do agree identikit stadiums are awful, but there is no reason we cant have the rocky as it is, the new stand as its designed, a 2 tier chaddy and a unique mainstand. pure examples i know, but all 4 stands would be both modern, and unique.

(please disregard the teams, and think of the stadia only) as an example in premier league terms, i would rather have old trafford (bits added on over the years, and all sides of the stadium unique) than the emirates (identikit) or goodison (relic). in terms of our league, there arnt any real great examples backing my point, but id rather have 4 unique, modern stands than colchester (identikit) or boundary park (relic)

Charlton, Villa, and Gillingham are 3 examples where the ground's superior to ours yet kept the traditional 4 separate looking stands. Smaller version of Villa Park would be alreet.

personally find it strange the new stand will not incorporate all the traditional main stand stuff, like directors and changing rooms etc. if we ever did decide to pull the main stand down, they would be living out of cardboard boxes until the new mainstand was built. we simply couldnt have coped for the last 5 years if the lookers had held the ticket office/boardroom/changing facilities/corperate etc. if its pulled down a new one must go up straight away

Does it matter? You can get some Portakabins which will be better quality than the current changing rooms. My former doctor's GP practice is basically portakabin, you wouldn't know from the inside.

Charlton, Villa, and Gillingham are 3 examples where the ground's superior to ours yet kept the traditional 4 separate looking stands. Smaller version of Villa Park would be alreet.

I quite like the idea of having 4 seperate stands with some differences between the stands, but too much is made of the 'Identikit' stadia and Old Trafford is a dump.

Going back to the gym, I do know that the one where I go to at the China Fleet Country Club here in Saltash was used by Plymouth Argyle players (the physio was a regular there with injured players), and is also currently used by Plymouth Albion rugby union players. It's a nightmare trying to get into the weights area when they're in.

The agreement was part of a sponsorship package, where they were supposed to come in and give occasional training days for youngsters. They never did, though.

Whether it's the same for Latics' players or not I don't know, but that's what happened there.

There would be nothing worse than losing the character of the Main Stand. Getting a new modern stand to cover the awful eyesore where the Lookers was is fantastic and will be even better complimenting an old stand like the current Main Stand but it's important in my opinion to have that traditional element; I think that new stadiums can't replicate the atmosphere and feeling that a cramped, soulful old stand has.

I don't care about leg-room or uncomfortable wooden seats; the charm of the Main Stand couldn't be replaced. I'd hate to gradually see our ground turned into a lifeless stadium like Colchester and Doncaster have.

Football ground over a stadium for me, that's important.

There would be nothing worse than losing the character of the Main Stand. Getting a new modern stand to cover the awful eyesore where the Lookers was is fantastic and will be even better complimenting an old stand like the current Main Stand but it's important in my opinion to have that traditional element; I think that new stadiums can't replicate the atmosphere and feeling that a cramped, soulful old stand has.

I don't care about leg-room or uncomfortable wooden seats; the charm of the Main Stand couldn't be replaced. I'd hate to gradually see our ground turned into a lifeless stadium like Colchester and Doncaster have.

Football ground over a stadium for me, that's important.

You're in the minority there.

The beauty of gradual redevelopment is that you don't get a lifeless stadium because as each new stand is added it gains life from being used, so it's a fixture by the time the next stand gets built 5-10 years later. This is all provided the architects are any good, and fwp seem to. Boundary Park will be just fine.

All offices/changing rooms are staying there as normal, except the marketing department is moving to the new stand which does make sense given the corporate areas are over there.

I assume the main stand will be renovated as and when it is feasibly possible followed by the Chaddy, RRE will stay as is for a long while yet i'd bet

Although for the above you are probably looking at within the next 10-20 years............

I'm not sure the Main Stand will last another 20 years. The roof certainly won't!

And look into moving the camera gantry to the 'old' main stand so the new stand is shown off to the viewing public.

The current Directors box would be a good place for a camera gantry. :)

[/size]

I'm not sure the Main Stand will last another 20 years. The roof certainly won't!

i know its in a shocking state, but this just highlights how little the club is spending on ground maintenance. disregarding the demolition of the lookers, wasnt the new roof on the main stand one of the last major ground alterations (extended to cover the paddock when the seats went in)

[/size]

The current Directors box would be a good place for a camera gantry. :)

Not sure it would due to the posts, might do right at the front but at the back the posts definately got in the way.