New Supporters Bar on the plan?

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/files/64ED7FFCCF8EE945B54E296B37F6494E/pdf/PA_333100_12-PROPOSED_GROUND_FLOOR_PLAN-1466065.pdf

I have supported the stand build application but after looking at the ground floor plan how small is the supporters bar? Hardly a replacement for the old clayton.

That said have i missed the announcement of a supporters club being built? seriousley I dont know?

Was replacing the clayton a major consideration?

New stand will have concourse areas for drinking / eating pre-match, the first floor will have a function room that can hold non-match day events.

It looks like the offices/gym on the 2nd floor will have a view of the match - will the offices/gym be for latics players/staff or is the club missing an opportunity?

i highly doubt that the gym is for only the players - 2 hours a day useage? people can use it on a saturday before a big game, get themselves pumped up, literally!

If you look at the plans there is also areas to the left and right of the stand for expansion for more offices and for a hotel on the other side nearest the rocky road

All in all it all looks promising and our location/land means things can be added on as and when at shouldnt cause too much hassle ie a small scale hotel in the corners etc similar to the old plans

just hope we get the go ahead

We don't know the size of the supporters bar as yet and again on that side space has been left for expansion.

As long as it is never typical latics with us running out of beer, it'll do!

what will become of the main stand??

All offices/changing rooms are staying there as normal, except the marketing department is moving to the new stand which does make sense given the corporate areas are over there.

I assume the main stand will be renovated as and when it is feasibly possible followed by the Chaddy, RRE will stay as is for a long while yet i'd bet

Although for the above you are probably looking at within the next 10-20 years............

All offices/changing rooms are staying there as normal, except the marketing department is moving to the new stand which does make sense given the corporate areas are over there.

I assume the main stand will be renovated as and when it is feasibly possible followed by the Chaddy, RRE will stay as is for a long while yet i'd bet

Although for the above you are probably looking at within the next 10-20 years............

Oh so the main sections of the corporate side of the game will stay in the old main stand? Heard somewhere that they'd all be moved to the new stand, glad it won't though. Renovation is desperately needed though.

don't know if i was clear on the last post.

The new stand will have corporate boxes, gym etc and Marketing offices (broady etc)

The changing rooms, boardroom etc stay as now i.e. the main stand stays as the 'main' stand in terms of where the players and directors go.

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/files/64ED7FFCCF8EE945B54E296B37F6494E/pdf/PA_333100_12-PROPOSED_GROUND_FLOOR_PLAN-1466065.pdf

I have supported the stand build application but after looking at the ground floor plan how small is the supporters bar? Hardly a replacement for the old clayton.

That said have i missed the announcement of a supporters club being built? seriousley I dont know?

If you're looking at a seven day a week bar, there is little point building a monster.

While I suspect the proposed ground floor supporters bar will be rammed on match days, it will be sparse the rest of the time. It could, at least, provide a possible focal point for supporter activity (e.g. The Trust, Supporters Club etc.) which has the potential to make these sorts of organisations more effective - which can contribute to the success of the football club. It would be nice if it could be run by supporters for supporters. Whether nice = viable is another question.

There does appear to be more than adequate beer and pie selling space on match day though.

There's also the conference facility on the first floor. Room, apparently, for 500 people. How they choose to utilise that space will be interesting. Match day it might be the exclusive reserve of the corporate hospitality and private boxes, but it could be opened up to the masses too. Stick a couple of big screens in there and the 12.45pm kick off on Sky, washed down with a pint or three of Magners (other beers and lagers are available) and it might be a very nice little earner. Open it up when we're playing away and see if it can become the venue of choice to watch Stelling - unless the famous "get married at Boundary Park" marketing machine has taken over and the space can be used more profitably that way.

Controversial question. Who would go and watch Man Utd v Real in there if the place was available tonight? £2.50 a pint for the Spanish beer of your choice!

Four retail units in addition to the supporters bar is interesting. Club shop, coffee shop and what? It would be nice to incorporate a decent sized ticket office. I'm not sure it would be an automatic destination for me if I need a bag of potatoes so it will be interesting to see what happens with the retail space. Possibility to breathe some life into Boundary Blues and the future fan base?

I would think council, NHS and other businesses have a need for this sort of Monday to Friday conferencing facility. Easy parking, just off the motorway, modern.

I think the whole development is quite exciting. I really do hope all elements of it can make a shed load of cash.

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=_OLDHA_DCAPR_47909

Edited by opinions4u

Might be completely wrong but isn't the new stand going to become the main entrance to the ground? Does it not therefore follow that the offices are for the club and the match hospitality and director's box will be in the new stand.

A couple of porta cabins for changing rooms and the main stand could be pulled down to save on running costs with cameras placed on scaffolding as now. Wouldn't surprise me because with the new stand capacity is not a problem.

Might be completely wrong but isn't the new stand going to become the main entrance to the ground? Does it not therefore follow that the offices are for the club and the match hospitality and director's box will be in the new stand.

A couple of porta cabins for changing rooms and the main stand could be pulled down to save on running costs with cameras placed on scaffolding as now. Wouldn't surprise me because with the new stand capacity is not a problem.

Director's box and facilities are in the new stand.

I don't doubt there's a plan with no money behind it to replace the main stand at some point. But while there's no need to pull it down and disturb the moaners too much, I wouldn't!

personally find it strange the new stand will not incorporate all the traditional main stand stuff, like directors and changing rooms etc. if we ever did decide to pull the main stand down, they would be living out of cardboard boxes until the new mainstand was built. we simply couldnt have coped for the last 5 years if the lookers had held the ticket office/boardroom/changing facilities/corperate etc. if its pulled down a new one must go up straight away

personally find it strange the new stand will not incorporate all the traditional main stand stuff, like directors and changing rooms etc.

The new stand will include the directors box. But not the boardroom. But how big does that need to be? We're not exactly overflowing in directors ploughing their millions in to the football club.

Corney commented that including changing rooms etc would have added something along the lines of £1m to the bill. I'd rather crack on with what's planned than plan something we can't afford to get off the ground.

I hightly doubt the players will even want to use it. Most of them are members of the better one with a pool over the road.

Isn't that because the club pay for their membership though - hence they're going for the 'free' option (which will be the club one when that's built). Take the point over the pool though.

Edited by maddog

I'd like them to keep the Main Stand. I quite like grounds which are partially modern and partially dumps. At least we couldn't be accused of being identikit...

Totally agree. I love the main stand (from the outside). It's so distinctive and 'rustic'. Not sure it's salvageable in the long-term, but would love it if it could be.

Totally agree. I love the main stand (from the outside). It's so distinctive and 'rustic'. Not sure it's salvageable in the long-term, but would love it if it could be.

gotta dissagree there sorry. the main stand is a dump, a relic which died many moons ago. i do agree identikit stadiums are awful, but there is no reason we cant have the rocky as it is, the new stand as its designed, a 2 tier chaddy and a unique mainstand. pure examples i know, but all 4 stands would be both modern, and unique.

(please disregard the teams, and think of the stadia only) as an example in premier league terms, i would rather have old trafford (bits added on over the years, and all sides of the stadium unique) than the emirates (identikit) or goodison (relic). in terms of our league, there arnt any real great examples backing my point, but id rather have 4 unique, modern stands than colchester (identikit) or boundary park (relic)