Clubs loaning out their 'best' players

name='Lee Sinnott' timestamp='1363287197' post='614419']

Was Furman really one of our best players?[/b]

I seem to recall, in the late 90's, loaning McCarthy and Barlow out when they were still first team regulars.

to some people, yes.

Not sure about other clubs, but Furman and Hughes decisions both make sense to me.

Royle labelled Hughes as the worst pro he has ever come across and wanted him out of the club. Furman was out of contract in summer and the club rightly acted to get a bit of money. People saying that we need him for our relegation battle seem to forget that he's been part of the team that have put us in this mess in the first place.

Why is everyone acting like we're loaning out out players as if we are doing it to benefit the club or player, like you would do with a youngster and loaning him to a lower league.

He was loaned out because the player wanted to leave and better himself because he had the opportunity there and then, same with Dale Stephens. So due to 'player power' it has been allowed. Such as when a player is our of contract at the end of the season, so they are sold at Christmas because they're definitely going and so want to get some money in for them.

Lee Hughes was a different situation, he was loaned out because he had a fight with the managers etc and had a negative influence in the dressing room, he was loaned out instead of released because he was still under contract and it would of cost the club money that we didn't have.

Why is everyone acting like we're loaning out out players as if we are doing it to benefit the club or player, like you would do with a youngster and loaning him to a lower league.

He was loaned out because the player wanted to leave and better himself because he had the opportunity there and then, same with Dale Stephens. So due to 'player power' it has been allowed. Such as when a player is our of contract at the end of the season, so they are sold at Christmas because they're definitely going and so want to get some money in for them.

Lee Hughes was a different situation, he was loaned out because he had a fight with the managers etc and had a negative influence in the dressing room, he was loaned out instead of released because he was still under contract and it would of cost the club money that we didn't have.

Lee Hughes was loaned out because he would have received a fat load of money if he scored 20 goals that season.

Not sure about other clubs, but Furman and Hughes decisions both make sense to me.

Royle labelled Hughes as the worst pro he has ever come across and wanted him out of the club. Furman was out of contract in summer and the club rightly acted to get a bit of money. People saying that we need him for our relegation battle seem to forget that he's been part of the team that have put us in this mess in the first place.

but Hughes scored goals. he continued to score goals. i don't have the stats but Furman wouldn't be goin to a club heading for the championship nor representing his country in a major international tourney if he was cr@p.

Where has the "Furman is the messiah" come from with everyone?

People have complained that he is :censored: all season.

I think he is a reasonable player but him and Wes are too similar, if we get an attacking player in place then I'm happy!

but Hughes scored goals. he continued to score goals. i don't have the stats but Furman wouldn't be goin to a club heading for the championship nor representing his country in a major international tourney if he was cr@p.

Why not, Feeney was :censored:ter than :censored: but he represented his country x amount of times.

I'm not overly bothered that he's gone, time for blood, sweat and tears (fos) from the rest of them if they're up for it, only time will tell.

Why not, Feeney was :censored:ter than :censored: but he represented his country x amount of times.

I'm not overly bothered that he's gone, time for blood, sweat and tears (fos) from the rest of them if they're up for it, only time will tell.

s.a are ranked 60th in world. n.i are ranked 97th. if that makes any difference. :)

i dont think he's amazing. just expected more.

George Best kinda nulls that one for me but I catch your drift.

Expected more because he's an inernational? There are those good for club and not country and vice versa for whatever reason; I think that Furman stepped up to the mark in Afcan as it went worldwide, just like we did for the two games against the Merseyside teams, maybe it was the players or the club or another reason, time will tell with Furman as to whether it was the occasion that got him to watched the step up. I didn't see him play in any games, admittedly I only watched the first half of one and can't even remember who thwy played against.

Expected more because he's an inernational? There are those good for club and not country and vice versa for whatever reason; I think that Furman stepped up to the mark in Afcan as it went worldwide, just like we did for the two games against the Merseyside teams, maybe it was the players or the club or another reason, time will tell with Furman as to whether it was the occasion that got him to watched the step up. I didn't see him play in any games, admittedly I only watched the first half of one and can't even remember who thwy played against.