I can recall people saying the same when Joe Royle first came to BP and he didn't do a bad job if my memory serves me right, as for the comments about Corney I think they are totally unacceptable the guy has held this club together for the last 10 years & spend loads of money on keeping us going, and I feel sure he has had good advice regarding the new manager,

So come on guys do what Corney has done stay loyal.

Now I'm fully aware that good players don't necessarily make good managers. BUT, as Joe Royle had been an exceptional player he instantly earned the respect of the squad. Johnson has been a lower league journeyman, and at 31 some of the players are older, and some almost as old as him.

We need someone at this stage who will command and have respect in the dressing room, and Johnson just won't be that man. It's a massive gamble, and who knows, it may pay off, but my opinion is it's highly unlikely.

Now I'm fully aware that good players don't necessarily make good managers. BUT, as Joe Royle had been an exceptional player he instantly earned the respect of the squad. Johnson has been a lower league journeyman, and at 31 some of the players are older, and some almost as old as him.

no-one had heard of Eddie Howe...

no-one had heard of Eddie Howe...

Might work. It's just not a risk worth taking. Think that's people's beef with the appointment. Pretty sure, like myself, it's not a dig at Johnson, it's the strangeness of it that has rubbed people up the wrong way.