Well Done Lads!

I thought all the team put in a shift tonight, once we'd settled the early nerves we started to play some good stuff.

Two great headers from two quality crosses and a rasping drive from Jose.

M'voto and tarky were solid in defence, and I like the look of Korey smith, tidy player.

Very promising start, let's keep it going.

Congratulations lee.

Liked how we pressed high and we attacked in numbers. Wesolowski got forward and Korey Smith looks like a quality player. Baxter's crosses were perfect & M'Voto is unstoppable in that area! 3 good goals and an entertaining performance for a change. Long may it continue.

Still a bit worried about Simpson, other than his goal he was wayward often. Defence needs a little bit of organising but overall thought we were excellent, biggest win of the season?

Special mention for Connor Brown. Thought he was fantastic tonight.

Very important we had a good start. Out of the relegation zone should relieve a few nerves and on the tails of Colchester and Shrewsbury. Not perfect performance but onwards and upwards. Impressed, optimistic and promising. :comeon:

Note: Can we please not boo Iwelumo. Think it's not conducive to anybody at the club & he doesn't deserve disrespect even though people might not rate him.

He got a good reception, and rightly so. He's our manager, and we should support him.

There were a couple of "Johnson give us a wave" chants from the RRE which he responded to.

Good performance from the team, plenty of movement, chances created, pressing from the front - it was a world apart from the dire showing on Saturday.

3 goals, a clean sheet, and 3 much-needed points. Couldn't ask for more!

Very warm reception, a couple of waves to the RRE, gets involved and seemed to enjoy the occasion.

Good stuff. Would have been interesting to see how different it would have been had the club not done the meet and greet yesterday. All sounds positive so far, lets hope the players buy into it as well over the next 9 games.

Once again shows what this group of players are capable of, even if it was against Hartlepool. Big test this weekend

At times the back four played like 'old arsenal' ! Step forward in a line with an arm up for offside - i can't remember the last time i saw so many from a latics ream! But overall they seemed to be pretty well organised - no dogslegs!! Just a few too many backpasses for my liking...

At times the back four played like 'old arsenal' ! Step forward in a line with an arm up for offside - i can't remember the last time i saw so many from a latics ream! But overall they seemed to be pretty well organised - no dogslegs!! Just a few too many backpasses for my liking...

That was one of the points he raised at yesterday's meeting. Said it had looked like a dog's hind leg at times. wanted them to move as a four like Arsenal used to….

One of the more pleasing aspects of today's performance was the tempo at throw-ins it was like watching Rugby Union at times. Catch ball from ball boys, turn, see man open and throw; none of the previous stand still whilst 3 players run round trying to get open for 30 seconds.

One of the more pleasing aspects of today's performance was the tempo at throw-ins it was like watching Rugby Union at times. Catch ball from ball boys, turn, see man open and throw; none of the previous stand still whilst 3 players run round trying to get open for 30 seconds.

Connor brown tried to throw it that fast he threw it back into the lookers paddock!!

Never, in the last three seasons, have we had three players giving any indication of wanting to receive the ball from the same throw-in.

I think Lee gave Grounds alot more freedom when we were attacking and he was constantley telling the lads to push up when we were in the opposition half. Baxter in the hole (AT LAST) goal and two assists. Smith was a revelatiion one of the best loan debuts Ive seen for a long while! That curled pass from him to Barnard in the 1st half that was a borderline offside was superb. Mvoto impressive again and I wish people would lay off Tarky, just back in the side V young lad marking the more experienced Howard. Brown is coming along nicely as well.

Lets hope we turn this win into a bit of momentum and not another false dawn...........................

I thought Tarky dealt very well with Howard, more and more as the game went on. There were so many highlights yesterday, thought Simpson probably had his best game of the season last night, took his goal very well and worked hard often down the left side and was much more positive in winning the ball back rather than just recklessly barging into players needlessly.

I thought Tarky dealt very well with Howard, more and more as the game went on. There were so many highlights yesterday, thought Simpson probably had his best game of the season last night, took his goal very well and worked hard often down the left side and was much more positive in winning the ball back rather than just recklessly barging into players needlessly.

Yeah I thought he worked hard too, there was one moment my Dad randomly said to me well played Simpson. All he had done was play LB as Grounds was forward but it's those little things that Simmo does better than some of our other options out wide.

Yeah I thought he worked hard too, there was one moment my Dad randomly said to me well played Simpson. All he had done was play LB as Grounds was forward but it's those little things that Simmo does better than some of our other options out wide.

Your old fella sounds like a knowledgeable man.

...Once again shows what this group of players are capable of, even if it was against Hartlepool. Big test this weekend

It was only Hartlepool, but the truth is that Hartlepool were much better than Tranmere, and that shows what lack of shift has been put in by the players to get into such a precarious position.

This squad that we have now shouldn't be fearing anyone in this league whatsoever, after this years cup run! Some good management and a couple of signings and playoffs next season isn't an unrealistic expectation providing relegation doesn't happen this season, which I don't think it will, unlike after last Saturday I when I was unsure which league they'd be plying their trade in.

Perhaps he's a rude Consultant :grin: .

Your old fella sounds like a knowledgeable man.

He is a quite knowledgeable man but not as knowledgeable as he thinks he is. Which is probably where I get it from.

He was a consultant, he's long since retired.