Reserves this afternoon- Johnson playing

Has anyone ever played and managed? Its near on impossible, its nice he wants to keep fit and a clever way he can play with the youngsters and have a proper look at players but I hope he doesnt start playing every game next season which im 99% sure he wont start doing anyway unless he has a fantastic and really experienced number 2 alongside him

Has anyone ever played and managed? Its near on impossible, its nice he wants to keep fit and a clever way he can play with the youngsters and have a proper look at players but I hope he doesnt start playing every game next season which im 99% sure he wont start doing anyway unless he has a fantastic and really experienced number 2 alongside him

I'd say it's an impossible job.

Dalglish gave it a go at the highest level.

It used to be more common at cash strapped lower league clubs too. Asa Hartford, Lee Chapman, Mike Sumerbee at Stockport will not be on their own.

Link to recent BBC article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21928791

Edited by opinions4u

Dont worry about it. Billy will be taking notes anyway

I'd say it's an impossible job.

Dalglish gave it a go at the highest level.

It used to be more common at cash strapped lower league clubs too. Asa Hartford, Lee Chapman, Mike Sumerbee at Stockport will not be on their own.

Link to recent BBC article.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/21928791

Really good read that I thought, much better than the usual Phil Mcnulty articles for the Beeb

Gary has just tweeted our keeper has been sent off and we dont have a reserve keeper on the bench.

Apparently Cisak is injured and the club cannot get it contact with Jacob :omg:

Think Jacob has done something similar before this year. Can see him not getting a new contract.

I definitely wouldn't be adverse to sticking Murray in front of the back four. He's kept us up single handedly before, I wouldn't rule out him doing it again...

I'm going to have to stop agreeing with you so much, think it's bad for my health! We lack leaders all over the pitch. Murray is a leader, his experience could be vital in this run in - I'd play him (that's assuming he's fit and injury free; which I guess he might not be)

Gary has just tweeted our keeper has been sent off and we dont have a reserve keeper on the bench.

Apparently Cisak is injured and the club cannot get it contact with Jacob :omg:

how is cisak injured sure I saw him at half time last night with the other subs?

I'm going to have to stop agreeing with you so much, think it's bad for my health! We lack leaders all over the pitch. Murray is a leader, his experience could be vital in this run in - I'd play him (that's assuming he's fit and injury free; which I guess he might not be)

Unfortunately, from what I have seen Sly he doesn't look in any condition to play first team football.