Not out of the woods by a long way yet....

A draw would have been the right result yesterday against a team in turmoil, almost in admin, rock bottom of the division, and not even enough players to cover the sub's bench.

I do not share your optimism, we are bloody dire and have been all season. A win on Tuesday would possibly do it but can you honestly see us beating Yeovil on this form?

I know we are dire, but Scunny are worse. We'll be fine.

A draw would have been the right result yesterday against a team in turmoil, almost in admin, rock bottom of the division, and not even enough players to cover the sub's bench.

I do not share your optimism, we are bloody dire and have been all season. A win on Tuesday would possibly do it but can you honestly see us beating Yeovil on this form?

I will settle for a point right now.

I actually think it's very evenly balanced. It's quite likely Scunny will take 3 points at Bury and possible we get nothing from the last 4 games or very little. Shrewsbury and Orient away are much more likely to yield some points over our home games for me.

Honestly thought yesterdays first half performance was worse than any Sunday league game I've ever seen and was actually coming to the conclusion that there are far better players knocking about even in the amateur leagues than some of that on show yesterday. The second half managed to restore a little bit of faith but it was still pretty poor for the most part, Millar and Croft looking way ahead anything else on show. We'll have stayed up by luck and circumstances (ie. Scunny also being a pub team) this season if we manage it.

I actually think it's very evenly balanced. It's quite likely Scunny will take 3 points at Bury and possible we get nothing from the last 4 games or very little. Shrewsbury and Orient away are much more likely to yield some points over our home games for me.

Honestly thought yesterdays first half performance was worse than any Sunday league game I've ever seen and was actually coming to the conclusion that there are far better players knocking about even in the amateur leagues than some of that on show yesterday. The second half managed to restore a little bit of faith but it was still pretty poor for the most part, Millar and Croft looking way ahead anything else on show. We'll have stayed up by luck and circumstances (ie. Scunny also being a pub team) this season if we manage it.

There must be some :censored:ing good pub teams round your way.

There must be some :censored:ing good pub teams round your way.

In any one period of play in yesterdays first half I think the most passes we strung together was less than 5, that's pretty terrible. In fact i would say most 'periods of possession' if you can call them that lasted no more than 3 passes until after half time when it improved. I'm normally firmly in the 'happyclapper' camp but some of the football i've seen us play this season has been absolutely atrocious. Whether it's down to bad coaching or simply players who maybe have the ability but not the brain to use it correctly is up for debate, but it really has been well below what you would expect from professional footballers at times.

In any one period of play in yesterdays first half I think the most passes we strung together was less than 5, that's pretty terrible. In fact i would say most 'periods of possession' if you can call them that lasted no more than 3 passes until after half time when it improved. I'm normally firmly in the 'happyclapper' camp but some of the football i've seen us play this season has been absolutely atrocious. Whether it's down to bad coaching or simply players who maybe have the ability but not the brain to use it correctly is up for debate, but it really has been well below what you would expect from professional footballers at times.

But these are the same players that played the likes of Donny , Preston , Forest , etc off the park at times.

Confidence is the big factor at the moment and we just aint got any .

Problem is it wont change until we are safe and until then we just have to battle for every single point.

Tuesday could be a crunch day , we could with any luck be 5 points clear with a game in hand ,or we could be back in the bottom 4 and a point behind.

I would take a point right now from Tuesday which means we will stay out of the bottom 4.

Then it's the big one Saturday which could see us safe !!!!!!

I've only seen the goal but I thought Bury's loss of possession in midfield, sluggishness to close down the ball and then their defending looked very amateur. That's not taking anything away from the cross though, or Smith's positioning to get in there and nod it in.