Against "Modern Football"

You don't see dogs running on the pitch anymore.

There used to be nothing more satisfying than seeing a professional footballer trying to catch a dog and failing miserably. And if the dog was ever caught, the hoots of derision that would ring out round the ground.

It's been said a million times but people want to see a bit of glory. They don't want to watch a tier 3 club battle for relegation or mid-table every season. As anti-Latics as it sounds, that's the truth. We even gathered that from the thread recently asking why our attendance from the Asian community is so low.

All you have to do is pay for a Sky subscription and you can watch your team play in huge stadiums with surround sound, a beer and the comfort of your own home. Compare that to when I was a kid: I remember coming home early from a game against Crewe my dad took me to and not being able to feel my feet it was that cold (blisters and all sorts). I know I'm nowhere near as old as some codgers on here but it was clear a few years ago what was going to happen.

20 seconds into this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ABnHQl4PU8

Were has the passion of opposing fans gone, tourists.... pathetic.

Those Arab commentators should be knighted for how interesting they make the games sound.

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

The Champions League name should be done for incorrect advertising. Champions means the winners of each league, not the top four. Done again just for TV money, and the stupid TV companies keep paying silly money for it and the Premiership.