My "Kids" Rant

£50 is bloody good value. Just over £2 a game. It would, by and large, be enough not to price out those who have taken advantage of the £10 offer and got the bug but will do enough to get some of those who just turn up to try and cause bother to go elsewhere.

£50 is nothing to some kids today, as for those looking for trouble getting priced out, there's no evidence to say that'll work, when the new stand is in place give the whole RRE to the away fans, thus eliminating the chavish/ twatish behaviour. What they should have done yesterday was put a cordon as best as possible round those that did go on the pitch and get all the names and addresses, kept them behind and had reps from the club address them in the RRE after the game had finished and the stadium emptied, too late now though.

Edited by tangerinedreams

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been stated enough times already. We didn't just win promotion to the top division with a last minute penalty coming back from 2 goals down. We scored a last minute goal that was completely irrelevant as 1-1 already meant we were going to stay up. The 2 events aren't comparable, this was just mindless.

Of course it is mindless to a rational adult, but I don't think kids usually think that way do they? Once a few idiots have gone on, many will follow suit. Anyway if you think about it a bit more it was that goal that essentially starved off relegation. With Scunthorpe winning, at 1 1 if Crawley had scored we would still have been in trouble!

Not that I condone what happened, but you also have to remember that many young fans have not experienced Oldham playing outside of this god awful division, so maybe it is a very big deal to them.

To be honest, I'd say most people are over reacting about the whole situation. It's not the end of the world.

I think that it has generated some sensible discussion about junior season tickets and the need to control antisocial behaviour during matches throughout the season.

My final thought, cctv camera permanently on the creche area, monitored by the spooks in the shed on the paddock steps, coppers on hand to eject anyone seen throwing objects, setting fire to hair etc.

My final thought, cctv camera permanently on the creche area, monitored by the spooks in the shed on the paddock steps, coppers on hand to eject anyone seen throwing objects, setting fire to hair etc.

Much as I enjoy what atmosphere it creates, I think seat 100 onwards will probably be empty next season.