Big positives from £10 Season Tickets

Just checked the remaining stubs in my sons (age 10) book and he had attended 17 home games this season, my daughter (age 8) attended 6 and my sons pal (started season as a Citeh fan) 12 games. He is now converted and his dad asked about next season when I dropped him off after the game Saturday. It has certainly made some new fans. Thank you Mr Corney and more of the same please.

Great stuff - I said to my lad after Bury last week that all these plastic fans who only watch on TV will never feel what we do when we score a late winner etc. He loves it!!

Edited by Gawbie

More of this please, whilst what happened on Saturday and the anti-social behaviour that has blighted our Home Games needs to be dealt with, the £10 initiative has been a success in getting kids hooked.

My kids are now dyed in the wool Latics, my son has been hard work - he went to his first game v QPR as a 3 year old in April 2002, but it's this year as a 14 year old he 'gets it'. He gets the chance to stand with a load of his mates in the RRE (under strict instruction to behave himself, and anyone that knows me knows he will do as he's told) and he loves coming to games now. Sometimes we exchange our vouchers for seats in the Chaddy or the Main Stand Paddock for a better view and both kids love coming to games now and argue like mad who comes to the occasional away game with me. (They'd come every week away with me if I could afford it!) We've also done the Boundary Blues Parties this season, enjoyed the Boxing Day Sponsors Do and had Pie and a Pint a couple of times where they got the chance to meet their heroes, it all pays off in nurturing the next generation of fan.

My point is it's not all doom and gloom. Kids have got hooked and become true supporters, it's not only the cheap Season Ticket, they want programmes, goodies from the tuck shop etc… Then every time I go to the club shop - besides replica shirts, it's pencil cases, pump bags, water bottles, badges. Don't tar them all with the same brush. Nurture what you caught and continue to reel it in….

Let's have more positives of the initiative not just little knobheads causing havoc!

Highlight of my season was my son after the Everton game once we got home, he saw my face, that I was still buzzing (as was he and my daughter) "I get it dad, now I know why you go very week, all over the country - for moments like Matty Smith's goal. It's an awesome feeling."

Don't throw all that away Simon….

Edited by oafcprozac

Huge sucess I think, when i met with the club was led to believe that the amount of adult ST had also increased as a result of the kids tickets

Just as a side note none of the children who benefited from the 'laticsforlife' donated tickets would have ran on the pitch as they all sit in the Chaddy End. A lot of the children have come from a school who cater for special needs children I believe is the politically correct term

Huge sucess I think, when i met with the club was led to believe that the amount of adult ST had also increased as a result of the kids tickets

Just as a side note none of the children who benefited from the 'laticsforlife' donated tickets would have ran on the pitch as they all sit in the Chaddy End. A lot of the children have come from a school who cater for special needs children I believe is the politically correct term

It would be nice to think that Latics could continue to support this initiative, even if changes have to be made to the mainstream sale policy.

It would be nice to think that Latics could continue to support this initiative, even if changes have to be made to the mainstream sale policy.

I hope they do. I intend to run it again this year due to the sucess of last year

If the tickets remain at £10 I already have enough in the pot to donate 20 season tickets. Even if goes to £20 I hope they do something. We have brought my nephew one for this season and whilst he doesnt go all that often he has loved it when he has gone and it ends up with him getting scaves, food, programmes the lot

My 9 year old has been to 28 games this year including MK Dons, Portsmouth, Sheff Utd, Coventry and Everton Away - she'll make it 29 at Orient on Saturday

My 14 year old has been to 20 (bearing in mind 2 weekends in 3 he goes to his mum's) including Everton away…...

Dad will go his 44th tomorrow night….for a cynical moaning 30 odd something, like many others I put my money where my mouth is and get behind my team every season. Despite saying every summer 'that's it!'.

Strangely this year, i'm looking forward to a Summer break, but already looking forward to a bright new future as we see (hopefully) the stand rise out of the ruins of The Broadway Stand and Lee Johnson get to wheel and deal his way to a hungry, competitive squad….

What this club lacks in quantity of numbers in support, it makes up in dedication and quality. Without wanting to go into specifics next time the fanbase is being dismissed and criticised some within the club would do well to remember that….

Edited by oafcprozac

New Bridge? I know Robbie Simpson visited the other day and was impressed.

Yeah, the majority of the tickets went to New Bridge mate. The children got tours of the ground and to meet players when they picked up their season tickets which from the feedback I know they loved.

I cant tell you how many games they attended but the club put them in an area of the chaddy that was supervised by staff from the club

Yeah, the majority of the tickets went to New Bridge mate. The children got tours of the ground and to meet players when they picked up their season tickets which from the feedback I know they loved.

I cant tell you how many games they attended but the club put them in an area of the chaddy that was supervised by staff from the club

Glad you took up my recommendation Dean ;-)

I like wallsalls idea of £46 and every time u attend a match u get £2 back so it's effectively free if u attend all games. I wouldn't give £2 cash though, i would make it vouchers for the shop or off an adults ticket or something instead

Agree excellent idea

Chris (Hallam) and myself will donate again. But would like to offer 10 with 4 of those going to the likes of O4U / Prozac plus two more on here to help out as true all weather supporter. Just PM Chris when you know whats happening.

Thats a fantastic gesture, many thanks.

I will discuss with Chris again to sort out the necessary

How many would O4U/Prozac require? If you could both drop me a PM I will sort it out for you?

….for a cynical moaning 30 odd something, like many others I put my money where my mouth is and get behind my team every season. Despite saying every summer 'that's it!'.

Same for me as well - every year "that's it, no more", for the last 20 odd years. My refusal lasted about 5 or 6 weeks last year. Told the wife last week - she said nowt.

Wasn't there a rower who said something about shooting him if he ever got in a boat again, we'll shoot me if you see me in BP next season.

I dont have kids, so this scheme doesnt effect me, but it has to stay next season for the good of the club. its a long term programme which given time could well get thousands of new supporters who simply wouldnt have bothered, or been taken by their parents if it was full price.

what we saw on sat needs addressing, but there are so many other ways to combat that than simply getting rid of the scheme.

• netting over bottom five rows
  • gating bottom of stairwells
  • decent barrier between stands and pitch instead of just advertising hourdings
  • segregated area for 10 pound season tickets not attending with adults with no access to pitch

to simply scrap the scheme is lunacy

Sir Steve Redgrave!

I say it every year, then we avoid relegation with ease….come middle of May I become a happy clapping :censored:wit* and I skip merrily down Sheepfoot lane with 3 and half hundred in used notes, I get to the ticket office where I cheerily ask for an adult and two kids worth of 9 months of cold, dark, pain and misery……….

But I :censored:ing love it!

*(until the first defeat of the new season, then we're all doomed to be playing in the NW Counties within 5 years)