Big positives from £10 Season Tickets

Free for kids buying with an adult.

£50 for kids buying to go with their mates.

Sorted for next season Barry.

Personally I'd go with £10 for someone accompanied by an adult. £50 for those on their own, as long their parents contact details are on record!

Personally I'd go with £10 for someone accompanied by an adult. £50 for those on their own, as long their parents contact details are on record!

And all those not with an Adult all have to wear a T shirt with their full name and season ticket on on the back !

Edited by singe

I dont have kids, so this scheme doesnt effect me, but it has to stay next season for the good of the club. its a long term programme which given time could well get thousands of new supporters who simply wouldnt have bothered, or been taken by their parents if it was full price.

what we saw on sat needs addressing, but there are so many other ways to combat that than simply getting rid of the scheme.

• netting over bottom five rows
  • gating bottom of stairwells
  • decent barrier between stands and pitch instead of just advertising hourdings
  • segregated area for 10 pound season tickets not attending with adults with no access to pitch

to simply scrap the scheme is lunacy

This is the simplest solution but I think it would work. Stick the netting there and stand a steward at the bottom of the stairs, rather than sat by the hoardings.

I'm not sure about a segregated area, that would surely just encourage them to prat about together.

I've taken my 8 year old grandson to most home games this season and, apart from the enjoyment we've both had, the positives have gone much further.

His reading skills have improved as he now wants to read every word of the programme, the website and anything in the press about Latics.

He now spends a lot less time on computer games and T.V. Most of his spare time is spent outside playing football.

His maths and stats skills have improved by learning how the league tables work.

Walking back from school with his Mum after breaking up for the Christmas holiday he said "You know what mum, this has been the best year of my life!" When she asked why, he replied "It's the year I discovered football"

Without the £10 season ticket none of this would not have happened.

For that, Mr. Corney, I say a big THANK YOU.

I've taken my 8 year old grandson to most home games this season and, apart from the enjoyment we've both had, the positives have gone much further.

His reading skills have improved as he now wants to read every word of the programme, the website and anything in the press about Latics.

He now spends a lot less time on computer games and T.V. Most of his spare time is spent outside playing football.

His maths and stats skills have improved by learning how the league tables work.

Walking back from school with his Mum after breaking up for the Christmas holiday he said "You know what mum, this has been the best year of my life!" When she asked why, he replied "It's the year I discovered football"

I love this post more than life itself!

I dont have kids, so this scheme doesnt effect me, but it has to stay next season for the good of the club. its a long term programme which given time could well get thousands of new supporters who simply wouldnt have bothered, or been taken by their parents if it was full price.

what we saw on sat needs addressing, but there are so many other ways to combat that than simply getting rid of the scheme.

• netting over bottom five rows
  • gating bottom of stairwells
  • decent barrier between stands and pitch instead of just advertising hourdings
  • segregated area for 10 pound season tickets not attending with adults with no access to pitch

to simply scrap the scheme is lunacy

I agree. Undoubtedly this thread is highlighting the benefits for supervised kids. It should be a given that most of the ones on the pitch were unsupervised. There is also no evidence given of how many of those were £10 ST holders. The club should have a record of how many juveniles paid cash and how many ST's were admitted in order to make a constructive judgement. My guess is that many of the kids on the pitch were cash payers, there for the crack of a last game pitch invasion. If unsupervised kids were isolated it would probably make the one-off merchants think twice about attending. Even allowing for the fact that the club were (unlucky) with the last minute goal, something needs to be done.

More of this please, whilst what happened on Saturday and the anti-social behaviour that has blighted our Home Games needs to be dealt with, the £10 initiative has been a success in getting kids hooked.

My kids are now dyed in the wool Latics, my son has been hard work - he went to his first game v QPR as a 3 year old in April 2002, but it's this year as a 14 year old he 'gets it'. He gets the chance to stand with a load of his mates in the RRE (under strict instruction to behave himself, and anyone that knows me knows he will do as he's told) and he loves coming to games now. Sometimes we exchange our vouchers for seats in the Chaddy or the Main Stand Paddock for a better view and both kids love coming to games now and argue like mad who comes to the occasional away game with me. (They'd come every week away with me if I could afford it!) We've also done the Boundary Blues Parties this season, enjoyed the Boxing Day Sponsors Do and had Pie and a Pint a couple of times where they got the chance to meet their heroes, it all pays off in nurturing the next generation of fan.

My point is it's not all doom and gloom. Kids have got hooked and become true supporters, it's not only the cheap Season Ticket, they want programmes, goodies from the tuck shop etc… Then every time I go to the club shop - besides replica shirts, it's pencil cases, pump bags, water bottles, badges. Don't tar them all with the same brush. Nurture what you caught and continue to reel it in….

Let's have more positives of the initiative not just little knobheads causing havoc!

Highlight of my season was my son after the Everton game once we got home, he saw my face, that I was still buzzing (as was he and my daughter) "I get it dad, now I know why you go very week, all over the country - for moments like Matty Smith's goal. It's an awesome feeling."

Don't throw all that away Simon….

agree. as already said, was very pleasantly surprised to see so many kids in the RRE. it's a very wise investment in the club's future.

Can we have an incentive for kids in main stand too?

Would gladly pay £100 -£150 for my 16 year old for a season ticket.

This!!

But why not the same price as the others as long as with a paying adult. My 7 yr old son wan't to go to matches with me now (already been to a few) but the £150 is too much to pay for the number of games he will attend. Would happily pay £50 for ticket though.

Our only other option is to move to the Chaddy End, but I like where I sit at the moment and don't want to move

Great post that - email it to the club!

I've no idea of the figures in terms of whether the scheme breaks even but in getting young fans through the door and improving the atmosphere in BP, its been a success.

I know others have mentioned this but to link the £10 ST with the pitch invasion is ludicrous - it happens every year. No doubt the club will use it as an excuse if they do decide to pull/not renew the scheme.

Just checked the remaining stubs in my sons (age 10) book and he had attended 17 home games this season, my daughter (age 8) attended 6 and my sons pal (started season as a Citeh fan) 12 games. He is now converted and his dad asked about next season when I dropped him off after the game Saturday. It has certainly made some new fans. Thank you Mr Corney and more of the same please.

Did they smash up the Crawley coach?