new shirt sponsor

How can there be a practical way of determining those who bought shirt on "understanding it was for two years"?

Are you a ST holder? You'll get 50% off

The current home shirt was sold on basis it was for seasons 12/14 and is actually on tag on the shirt,

I'm not a S/T holder this coming season due to work and other commitments but that's irrelevant. It's just the principle that this current shirt was sold for two seasons so some fans bought in that basis and cannot afford to change every season.

Regarding the other poster, I appreciate club needs to make money but there's a fine line between making money and exploitation of fans. Changing home shirt every two seasons is fair with the current orange away shirt becoming third and a new away shirt.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The current home shirt was sold on basis it was for seasons 12/14 and is actually on tag on the shirt,

I'm not a S/T holder this coming season due to work and other commitments but that's irrelevant. It's just the principle that this current shirt was sold for two seasons so some fans bought in that basis and cannot afford to change every season.

Regarding the other poster, I appreciate club needs to make money but there's a fine line between making money and exploitation of fans. Changing home shirt every two seasons is fair with the current orange away shirt becoming third and a new away shirt.

BUT the club have changed Sponser, so that means the shirt has to be changed i guess - unless they just changed the sponser on the existing shirt.

As usual there are clueless people complaining about the teams kit and changing it every year. IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, THE CLUB NEED MONEY. How is 1 shirt every 2 or 3 years going to help that? Just reduces the amount they're going to sell because people won't buy more than one!

And as for people saying it should be basically the same every year so we have 'traditional club colours', if the club hardly changed the shirts then people wouldn't buy them because of the subtlety of the changes! Stop complaining and if it bothers you that much just don't buy one, simple.

I don't have much of a problem with them changing the shirt every year, especially if they give ST holders half price discounts.

I do have a problem with them saying a new shirt is for 2 years when they change it after one. It's not illegal for football clubs to change their kit every year (it's against the code of practice but not the law). It is however very likely to be against the law to advertise a shirt as being 2012/14 when it is 2012/13.

Mornflake export cereals and cereal related products globally, it is a local firm to Crewe Alex (approx 400m) and is one of the biggest employers in Crewe, ranked alongside Bentley (the motoring company).

Wikipedia by any chance mate??;)