Simpson might be back

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel compelled to stick up for him again.... he was played out of position virtually all season!!!!

So what's his position gaz?

Because last season he was played up front, in central midfield and on the left and right and he was :censored:ing :censored: all season (apart from the last 4 or 5 matches when he appeared to be playing for a new contract).

I've never seen him not trying just often used well out of position.

He was out of his depth in centre mid that I know. His natural position is off the striker. I can only think of 1 maybe 2 games he played there. For what it's worth I dont think hes the type of player to take is to the next level and we were right to release him.

I just totally disagree that he was lazy. When we did use him from the start it was as a target man. While he is decent in the air it is not his game.

I've never seen him not trying just often used well out of position.

He was out of his depth in centre mid that I know. His natural position is off the striker. I can only think of 1 maybe 2 games he played there. For what it's worth I dont think hes the type of player to take is to the next level and we were right to release him.

I just totally disagree that he was lazy. When we did use him from the start it was as a target man. While he is decent in the air it is not his game.

Really???

You honestly think he only played off the striker once or twice?

I would suggest at least 10 matches.

No personal offence gaz , but your unwavering support of Simpson is a bit ott .

Not sure what you see in comparison to the vast vast majority of fans ??

I would like to say non taken but you just called me a dick.

I like him as a player. In my opinion used wrongly last season and behind a better player in the pecking order.

While we are on it, I agree he is good in the air but the first half dozen matches, he seemed to be :censored:ting out of headers left, right and centre.

I don't know how many but how many do you reckon he scored with his head last season.

While we are on it, I agree he is good in the air but the first half dozen matches, he seemed to be :censored:ting out of headers left, right and centre.

I don't know how many but how many do you reckon he scored with his head last season.

prozac, could you confirm this as well please?

No Idea. Not many. I can think of 2 this season!

While I appreciate and respect your support for a player that you undoubtedly rate, I guarantee in a few years he and others won't give a :censored: about us and you and me will be Latics for life.

We need a new bunch to rate or not IMO.

Although I agree with releasing Simpson after his very poor season and subsequent ridiculous wage demands, his efforts can't be faulted.

He went head-first into challenges that he simply shouldn't have had to go for in the first place and was sent off a few times due to his over-eagerness to win the ball back.

He's an average player, not worth the wage he wants but he isn't half passionate. If you want somebody to put their foot in where it hurts, even though it may be mistimed, he will do it.

Although I agree with releasing Simpson after his very poor season and subsequent ridiculous wage demands, his efforts can't be faulted.

He went head-first into challenges that he simply shouldn't have had to go for in the first place and was sent off a few times due to his over-eagerness to win the ball back.

He's an average player, not worth the wage he wants but he isn't half passionate. If you want somebody to put their foot in where it hurts, even though it may be mistimed, he will do it.

I couldn't disagree more.

He has bags of talent, however was nowhere near committed for most part of the season.

I couldn't disagree more.

He has bags of talent, however was nowhere near committed for most part of the season.

He's certainly had his moments like most players do but realistically he's 28 and has played very little football at a level higher than League 1 in his career.

I just don't see bags of talent in a player that can't pass the ball 5 yards and can't tackle without fouling the opposition player.

When he has been committed this season (which I think is more often that you say) he's done nothing other than Forest away, which when done so rarely can be classed as a one-off or perhaps even a fluke. A one-off I'm very thankful for though...!

I'm not disputing he has ability, just not ability that could possibly be consistent enough to make him useful in a league above us. I mean, he's barely been a revelation in League 1 either.

Edited by NewBlue

While I appreciate and respect your support for a player that you undoubtedly rate, I guarantee in a few years he and others won't give a :censored: about us and you and me will be Latics for life.

We need a new bunch to rate or not IMO.

Your spot on Lancy, Simpson was part of a squad that was feckin dire for half a season and a full one, I don't really buy this potential thing, We hung on by the veins of our ass this season, to be fair Id let most of them go for not turning up and stealing a wage. The squad reeked of cant be arsed and I don't really blame Dickov, I blame the squad for knowing he was a soft touch and taking the piss.

Edited by Lukers1

He's had some grief on Twitter by an angry fan.

Declan Taylor @dectaylor

Thank :censored: @RobbieSimmo thinks he's worth more than he is, first bad thing LJ has done wanting to keep him! Been a disgrace all season #oafc

Declan Taylor @dectaylor

Out of interest @RobbieSimmo what is a competitive offer after your gutless performances this season? I would say about £700 a week? #oafc

He's had some grief on Twitter by an angry fan.

Declan Taylor @dectaylor

Thank :censored: @RobbieSimmo thinks he's worth more than he is, first bad thing LJ has done wanting to keep him! Been a disgrace all season #oafc

Declan Taylor @dectaylor

Out of interest @RobbieSimmo what is a competitive offer after your gutless performances this season? I would say about £700 a week? #oafc

wow, he has a point but I don't agree in personally attacking players on twitter.