The 'goal' that should have cost Alex Ferguson his job

Arguably Moyes has achieved a great deal simply by keeping Everton in the Prem and getting them into Europe on the square root of :censored: all.

He's won nothing.

Ferguson likes Moyes because he understands a club tradittion, can bring through youngsters and sign players at a bargin price. Which i think at Man United could be his downfall.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. I rate Moyes highly, but it's an entirely different job. And it's worth remembering that although Ferguson also arrived at United from a smaller club, he was already in the habit of winning trophies.

The Mourinho circus would have been more entertaining for a couple of years, but Moyes is probably the better long term choice.

It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. I rate Moyes highly, but it's an entirely different job. And it's worth remembering that although Ferguson also arrived at United from a smaller club, he was already in the habit of winning trophies.

The Mourinho circus would have been more entertaining for a couple of years, but Moyes is probably the better long term choice.

I agree with that but I think it's a bit of a poisoned chalice for anyone. At the first sign of trouble, during which Ferguson has been afforded patience, Moyes will get none. Following the best club manager of all time is very unlikely to work out well.

I agree with that but I think it's a bit of a poisoned chalice for anyone. At the first sign of trouble, during which Ferguson has been afforded patience, Moyes will get none. Following the best club manager of all time is very unlikely to work out well.

He'll get itchy feet. Fully expect him to manage them again at some point within the next few years, even if only on an interim basis.

Ferguson likes Moyes because he understands a club tradittion, can bring through youngsters and sign players at a bargin price. Which i think at Man United could be his downfall.

Ferguson also likes Moyes because he knows how many pints his team-mate Gregan had in the Isle of Man.

He'll get itchy feet. Fully expect him to manage them again at some point within the next few years, even if only on an interim basis.

Nah, he's not as sharp as he was and a couple of years at home on the sauce won't improve that. I think they had to take Moyes as no big name would have accepted Taggart looming over him. I do think he could do well regardless, by and large it doesn't look like an ego driven dressing room (send Rio off to pasture and take the money and run for Rooney) who should play for him. The killer would be if he has to bring bacon face in to put them down, he's finished if that ever happens