Stockport County in deeper trouble?

I'm bewildered.

One of the biggest followings in the Conference.

Debts wiped out on exiting administration in 2011. A brilliant opportunity to balance the books AND build for promotion back to the football league.

Within 15 months they owe this bloke the best part of £400k and are playing part time in division six next season. Despite getting a shed load from Huddersfield when Pilkington joined Norwich.

Now they have another bloke who could destroy the club if he calls the money in.

A team that was just a win or two away from taking part in the Championship play offs a few years back. 1997 League Cup semi-finalists. Impressive Wembley winners against Dale in 2008 and stuffed Sheridan's league leaders at Edgeley Park a few months later.

That is one set of continuous :censored: ups that leaves them where they are today.

• 3 months later...

Well, drop down to the Skrill North (division six), go part time, put the pieces back together and start moving back up the pyramid.

Not many supporters can claim to have seen their team play in five different divisions in little over a decade.

3,136 home supporters turn up, full of hope and optimism after a remarkable period of mismanagement that makes Simon Corney look like a football and financial genius.

And County reward the faithful by losing 4-1 at home to Boston.

Well, drop down to the Skrill North (division six), go part time, put the pieces back together and start moving back up the pyramid.

Not many supporters can claim to have seen their team play in five different divisions in little over a decade.

3,136 home supporters turn up, full of hope and optimism after a remarkable period of mismanagement that makes Simon Corney look like a football and financial genius.

And County reward the faithful by losing 4-1 at home to Boston.

I wonder how many we'd get if we were playing in division 6?

I wonder how many we'd get if we were playing in division 6?

About the same I'd have thought. If we were doing well maybe more. It's the monotony of League 1 football that's responsible for our dwindling support.

Siege mentality and a bit of variation would add a bit of spice. Thinking about it, I'm all for it.

• 3 months later...