The random Latics goal request thread

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a few bits and bobs from 96/97 on youtoob never managed to get a season review and as I worked from mid-November onwards I saw the goals once a week on Sky but that was it apart from 7 or 8 that I managed to get to midweek or on rare Saturdays off…..

latics winning away at swansea would be good too. I think Sam Parkin got both our goals?

This is probably the best thread ever on OWTB. It should be pinned.

Thanks to Prozac for the time spent.

Paul Wilkinson ex- Everton, Forest, Middlesbrough and Barnsley.

Brought in on loan with a view to a permanent deal along with Michel Vonk from City. Stott pulled the plug on both deals - Wilkinson wound up at Barnsley helping them to promotion the year after and Vonk went to Sheffield United where he did well. If we'd have got them both we had a chance of the Play Offs that year, instead we signed Jig Saw Barlow, Toddy the Anonymous Iceman Orlyggson and John ':censored:ing' Gannon……. we struggled for the rest of the season……..oh and around the same time we let Sami Hyppia slip through our fingers. Whilst I've had my differences with Simon Corney if he can get a decent player in, he will. Stotty was a clueless :censored:ing moron along with his minions of the time…..

Paul Wilkinson. He was on loan. Scored against Port Vale too...

Cheers lads.

Regularly went as a lad around this time, but don't remember him or Vonk, remember Orylgsson et al though.

Anyone got the 5-0 win against Swindon in 1997 (ish)? Stuart Barlow got a hat-trick. It was my first game, or at least the first I can remember, so I wouldn't mind seeing it for nostalgia purposes.

5-1 mate, Easter Monday 1997, I was working and part of the fabled 96/97 review...

Oldham Athletic 4 Birmingham City 0 Dec 16 1995 Div 1

Proof that Francis only scored 1 own goal that day, despite many of you putting him down in Latics folkore as scoring a brace! Gary Poole scored the first!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZmcE-oKzP0&feature=youtu.be

I always thought Halle got the 4th with his chest

5-1 mate, Easter Monday 1997, I was working and part of the fabled 96/97 review...

Ah, 96/97 - if no one can find these vids, proof of Ormondroyd's finest hour against Wolves and City on successive Saturdays will remain a myth forever along with Deirdre Barlows hatrick at Valley Parade

Edited by AndyGortonsMatches