The random Latics goal request thread

Green Kit makes its' debut at West Ham

West Ham 1 Latics 0 - Feb 1 1992

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5P-Mo2gFSw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUtzwuY2DDCQQ4VTD3mW74qQ

"Don't adjust your sets. Oldham's away kit is greener than the Villa pitch".

Good old ITV blooperama there.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance you could add Dux's winner v Fulham, Feb 98 to the list, Prozac?

Remember feeling absolutely buzzing after that result, only for the annual slide down the table to commence the next week.

Edited by cheshire_latic

• 1 month later...

Chelsea 2 Latics 2 - Division 2, February 25 1989

Chelsea on their way to walking the League, they had previously won 4-1 at Boundary Park in October (no video record as yet). Latics on the other hand up until the end of September had started well until a nightmare run of only 2 wins from mid-Spetember through to the beginning of February. Loan signing Neil Adams, the signing of Andy Holden and the signing of Ipswich stopper Jon Hallworth, as well as the return from injury of key players such as Andy Ritchie, Frank Bunn and Tommy Wright sae the goals return and mid-table security return. The team won only 11 games all season but 20 odd draws saw the relative safety of 16th achieved.

The quality is poor but this is a real find and i'm sure only those that were there on the day have are the only ones that have ever seen these goals. Look out for Yard Dogs in the away end and a 'massive' attendance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOpHGsQY01Q&feature=youtu.be

Chelsea 2 Latics 2 - Division 2, February 25 1989

Chelsea on their way to walking the League, they had previously won 4-1 at Boundary Park in October (no video record as yet). Latics on the other hand up until the end of September had started well until a nightmare run of only 2 wins from mid-Spetember through to the beginning of February. Loan signing Neil Adams, the signing of Andy Holden and the signing of Ipswich stopper Jon Hallworth, as well as the return from injury of key players such as Andy Ritchie, Frank Bunn and Tommy Wright sae the goals return and mid-table security return. The team won only 11 games all season but 20 odd draws saw the relative safety of 16th achieved.

The quality is poor but this is a real find and i'm sure only those that were there on the day have are the only ones that have ever seen these goals. Look out for Yard Dogs in the away end and a 'massive' attendance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOpHGsQY01Q&feature=youtu.be

Any idea who the number 5 (I think) is that races back to the line when Chelsea break looking for a second at around 55 seconds? Either everyone else is slow as anything or he races greyhounds!

Any idea who the number 5 (I think) is that races back to the line when Chelsea break looking for a second at around 55 seconds? Either everyone else is slow as anything or he races greyhounds!

Like others have said its Marshall. However, as the black player is none other than Earl the Pearl, everyone else isn't slow. I think Marshy might be playing them onside so has a few yards start on Earl too, having said that Marshy's extra height might have made him quicker over 50 yards than Earl too.

I met Graham Roberts almost 3 years to the day after this, fairly nice bloke, didn't bring up his 2 goals either, which considering he knew my Dad and I were Oldham fans shows you how the times change and how nice he was.

Unless it is on cinefilm or perhaps a cave painting I think you're struggling Brizzle….

I think you're right. Weprobably never even had gas or electric in our house then! After I moved away from Oldham in the mid 60s, I have fond memories of a few games I managed to get back to see. One that stands out was when we played Everton in the Prem; can't remember if it was our last season or the one before. It ended up 0-0 and Ian Marshall missed about seven 1 on 1s with Neville Southall. Peter Beagrie :shakeit: came on as sub and ripped us apart but, thankfully, we kept them out. We should have been out of sight within the hour.

I think you're right. Weprobably never even had gas or electric in our house then! After I moved away from Oldham in the mid 60s, I have fond memories of a few games I managed to get back to see. One that stands out was when we played Everton in the Prem; can't remember if it was our last season or the one before. It ended up 0-0 and Ian Marshall missed about seven 1 on 1s with Neville Southall. Peter Beagrie :shakeit: came on as sub and ripped us apart but, thankfully, we kept them out. We should have been out of sight within the hour.

If finished 1 nowt , a Jobbo header.

I'm pretty sure it was our first time on Super Sunday first prem season, second in the top divison

If finished 1 nowt , a Jobbo header.

I'm pretty sure it was our first time on Super Sunday first prem season, second in the top divison

You're spot on, palmer; my mistake. The memory plays tricks when you get old. I honestly don't remember Jobbo scoring. Maybe it was that disgusting salmon pink and blue striped kit Everton were wearing that distracted me.

• 1 month later...