Oh When The Booze!...

The Bull is fairly central.

Book it via Hotels dot com in PlayerShare WebShop:

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/goto.php?rb=3-3617

You'll see some alternatives there too.

Premier Inn link as an alternative:

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/goto.php?rb=3-3916

Edited by opinions4u

Considering a stopover in Peterborough ( either 1 or 2 nights ) for our game in August.

Has anyone been and any advice regards accomodation or info about the pubs in city centre?

Cheers.

my mates from there, he says avoid the College Arms, theres a good place that's on a boat on the River Nene, plus there's a lot of decent real ale places around there

my mates from there, he says avoid the College Arms, theres a good place that's on a boat on the River Nene, plus there's a lot of decent real ale places around there

Thanks tommy, I'll bear that in mind. Gonna have a proper look later.

Realistically you only need a bed for the night, Queens Walk Guest House is near enough to the centre. I did the boat bar a couple of years back with loads of 'tics in there after the game and missed the last train home because of them dirty tequilas they were giving us. Nasty but great all the same. I think that was the day of the fans game. No idea why you would want to stay for more than 1 night though. Its not the best place to be staying in, I'd save the money for a more enticing away day and stay for 1 night.

Realistically you only need a bed for the night, Queens Walk Guest House is near enough to the centre. I did the boat bar a couple of years back with loads of 'tics in there after the game and missed the last train home because of them dirty tequilas they were giving us. Nasty but great all the same. I think that was the day of the fans game. No idea why you would want to stay for more than 1 night though. Its not the best place to be staying in, I'd save the money for a more enticing away day and stay for 1 night.

Advice taken on board, just need to sort something out with my oppos now, cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked for 5 of us to stay over ( yes used playershare : ) ) Apparently our hotel is very close to the ground and within walking distance of the centre.

Bring it on!

£8.84 in hotel and train commission since I went to Tesco.

It really is very easy to make a bit of money for PlayerShare when shopping online. A couple of extra clicks and your football club benefits.

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/

Another £16 and PlayerShare WebShop will have raised £3,000 in just over two years.

We always go in the Cheery Tree which has a big car park at the rear.Quite a few b and bs nearby.Ground itself has a huge terraced stand for away fans.Hope they have tarmaced the car park which looks like the Somme.

A group of us stayed over in Peterborough the other year when we last played them. Two nil up and f**ked it up.

Nightlife is similar to Oldham. So dont expect much.

The boat pub is about as good as it gets before and after the game.

We did Southend and Southampton around the same time. Those two were far better trips.

I wont be going back.

A group of us stayed over in Peterborough the other year when we last played them. Two nil up and f**ked it up.

Nightlife is similar to Oldham. So dont expect much.

The boat pub is about as good as it gets before and after the game.

We did Southend and Southampton around the same time. Those two were far better trips.

I wont be going back.

Better pack my tin hat then! At least we shouldn't struggle to get a late night kebab.

My mate and I are trying to decide between Stevenage or Peterborough for an away trip, anyone have any tips for which one might be better?

My mate's in Northampton so the distance from there is about the same, being the first game of the season is what Stevenage has going for it currently but Peterborough is a new ground.