Chester FC vs Wrexham

"Arrests in decline" pffft - I read "police can't be arsed". The manifesto only works if the :censored:ing police do their job. *rolleyes*

This isn't modern football, this is 21 century football club's answer to a 1970 problem - and I kind of see where they're coming from.

I went to a ground in the Midlands end of last season and witnessed "scarfie" families including kids being terrorised by local old-boy Wolves firms (these were not your regular Oldham chav knob unit) up and down the streets while the police dogs attacked the retreating families. I had never seen anything quite like it. The police just let them run riot.

So, how about this: if the clubs can't solely rely on the police to prevent this sort of thing happening, and let's face it - Chester/Wrexham isn't up there with the West Ham and Charltons of the world, but it'll be a bit tasty if everyone goes to that train station down the road in Wrexham - they have to make assurances with the police to do the right thing and try to protect their fans. Effectively doing as much as possible, and leaving virtually nothing for the police to :censored: up.

For games like this, especially in the lower leagues where it can get pretty nawty and police see it as a bit of easy overtime, I can understand a point of view that bubbles are required.

It's not great, but you can't have it all ways up - if you think that you can, you're in la-la land.