Big game today

People are generally optimistic and in spite of defeat in the week, see that we faced opposition which is much better than we will face in the league.

A win today keeps the optimism going, a defeat and you know the drill. "Same old latics....."

Anyone in doubt as to if they should get to BP today - do it. The side is raw, but has potential. It needs a CB. Johnson can say what he likes, but it does. it is also blessed with some real goal threats so all in all that means value for money.

Get to BP and watch a 3-2 game today.

...after Walsall lost Grigg, Brandy & Paterson I thought they'd struggle. 2 wins out of 2 have made me think again. It's a tough game, followed next week by a Peterborough that whalloped Colchester 5-1 in the week. Let's not expect too much too soon and stay behind LJ and the lads and in particular David Mellor! Come on Oldham!

First game for me this season so have not seen any of the new guys. Looking forward to see our new set up and attaking front line, but like others, concerned about defence.

Also, need to work out who I will be oggling most at this season too......heheh, well once you've done your shopping, doesn't stop you looking in the shop window now.

The loss on Tuesday didn't dent my enthusiasm. I never like us to lose but would rather we progressed in the JPT because that is one we can win. To concede only one goal suggests that things are getting better at the back even though Derby are a concede fewer than the opposition team.

This is a team in transition and it is the way we play that is more important than the result. I don't want us getting lost as we did in the second half against Derby.

In LJ I trust through the good times and any bad times that are to come. JPT this and promotion next!

Edited by Hands on

As i've posted on the Walsall thread, i'm really looking forward to this game.

I see it as a very good gauge as to where we really are for League One football.

Come 5pm we'll know alot more about this side, formation, tactics and chances this season than we do right now IMO.

Really really looking forward to it, it should be abvery good game of football.

I wish we'd stop harping on about this needed CB.

I'd rather have loyal youngsters that are the fulcrum of our new-look, exciting passing game, rather than a beast who can head it but then gives away possession, and goals, by having no technical ability with the ball at their feet.

We conceded three goals at Stevanage, neither of the CBs were at fault for any of the goals - apart from possibly the first one.

We conceded one goal against a Championship club. Some people are blaming the full-backs for the route of said goal.

And in any case, surely the vast majority of goals - any header from a cross for example - could lead to a finger being pointed at a CB. Every team concedes goals. And remember these are League One players, mistakes will happen.

As long as we keep looking a threat at the other end of the pitch, score goals, and keep playing great football, I couldn't care less if we concede the odd goal from a hoof.