Rooney

Mills played very well i thought and i must say i thought dayton looked a decent player too.

They both played well, Mills I was more concerned with his dead balls, the 2 that nearly went in were good because they were overhit but the rest were straight to the keeper.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rooney had realised that he had a striking partner last night then we might have scored more than one goal last night.

:censored: me, you're designed to hold up the ball, bring others into play, lay off the ball for others to score or attempt a shot IF - and I mean IF - you've got a good chance of scoring.

Last night he did none of the above!

'Nuff said

All I would do personally is get a partnership of Mellor (or Rusnak at a push) and Smith in CM - Mellor can surge with the ball as well as defend and can be our attacking force, has a great left foot and can pass a ball; more mobile than Wes who tries his best and does his job, but we need a little more drive in there and Korey can't do it all himself

LJ also needs to pick a front 2 and let them gel, no wonder Rooney is playing well in patches when he has a different striker with him very 2 games. Sure mix it up every now and then but for the most part we need a partnership going.

Think Mills will go back to Burnley as much as we'd like to keep him can we justify his wage/part of wage when we have Grounds for LB and Kasunga/Lanzoni at CB?

And finally.....

Tarky is 20 and looks fantastic so far this season and I have been one of his doubters even wavering as to whether we kept him on in the summer!

Montano is also 20 - i think many forget just how young some players are when they look in some games as though they have been playing for years.

He has been awesome this season and his injury has knocked him back, just as Dayton is also starting to find some rhythm.

Monty is a player who needs to get into a game as it wears on as opposed to being at it from the off when he comes on as sub, takes him time to get into the pace of things.

He will be a great player for us this season and I hope we can extend beyond the extra year option we have, still be 21 then and he is going to be a very good player, another one who should be going for £700k++ should be ever sell.

Keep behind the lad and bring his confidence back as with all of them - watching the game on TV and even at 2-0 down as silly as we were to give the goals away out of nothing, i felt entertained and not bothered by the scoreline, simply because we played that well.

They all gave their all and that's all we ask of them whatever happens in the season - promotion, relegation, whoever we have playing for us if they put in the effort at all times on a matchday then that's fine by all of us i'd say.

We've been horrendously unfortunate and also stupid in equal measure so far but not once have we been battered.

I maintain that Peterborough and Wolves aside no one else stands out as being as able as us to play proper football, as long as the players believe they can be successful they will be - their ability is not in question.

Keep behind them all and we will turn the corner - 2 wins and we are bang in it as is all that's needed every season in league one - 3 straight wins and it looks totally different again.

KTF

Johnson likes inswingers from corners but we don't have players who can deliver a good one IMO (unless philly can consistently deliver what he did saturday) so for more success from corners I don't know why we don't take out swingers...

As for Dayton, I don't know why people are slating him! He is still recovering from a massive injury so he is not up to speed yet, give him time and I am sure we will reap the rewards.

All I would do personally is get a partnership of Mellor (or Rusnak at a push) and Smith in CM - Mellor can surge with the ball as well as defend and can be our attacking force, has a great left foot and can pass a ball; more mobile than Wes who tries his best and does his job, but we need a little more drive in there and Korey can't do it all himself

LJ also needs to pick a front 2 and let them gel, no wonder Rooney is playing well in patches when he has a different striker with him very 2 games. Sure mix it up every now and then but for the most part we need a partnership going.

Think Mills will go back to Burnley as much as we'd like to keep him can we justify his wage/part of wage when we have Grounds for LB and Kasunga/Lanzoni at CB?

And finally.....

Tarky is 20 and looks fantastic so far this season and I have been one of his doubters even wavering as to whether we kept him on in the summer!

Montano is also 20 - i think many forget just how young some players are when they look in some games as though they have been playing for years.

He has been awesome this season and his injury has knocked him back, just as Dayton is also starting to find some rhythm.

Monty is a player who needs to get into a game as it wears on as opposed to being at it from the off when he comes on as sub, takes him time to get into the pace of things.

He will be a great player for us this season and I hope we can extend beyond the extra year option we have, still be 21 then and he is going to be a very good player, another one who should be going for £700k++ should be ever sell.

Keep behind the lad and bring his confidence back as with all of them - watching the game on TV and even at 2-0 down as silly as we were to give the goals away out of nothing, i felt entertained and not bothered by the scoreline, simply because we played that well.

They all gave their all and that's all we ask of them whatever happens in the season - promotion, relegation, whoever we have playing for us if they put in the effort at all times on a matchday then that's fine by all of us i'd say.

We've been horrendously unfortunate and also stupid in equal measure so far but not once have we been battered.

I maintain that Peterborough and Wolves aside no one else stands out as being as able as us to play proper football, as long as the players believe they can be successful they will be - their ability is not in question.

Keep behind them all and we will turn the corner - 2 wins and we are bang in it as is all that's needed every season in league one - 3 straight wins and it looks totally different again.

KTF

Awesome, awesome post. This all over