Could be a struggle?

As far as I can see the Latics' team play some attractive football and get involved in some cracking games but I can't see how expectations of a top half/pushing play-offs can be justified. Nine competitive games so far this season has seen us concede 15 goals, although changes to the back four don't help. The harsh truth is that whilst goalscorers win games - miserly defences win leagues/promotions. A team that concedes penalties with embarrassingly frequency is also going to struggle. Still, it's better than the drab 1-0 losses suffered for the last couple of seasons at least there a re goals to cheer.

From what I've seen so far and I wasn't there today we are 95% their to being a top ten team minimum that other 5% is being ruthless in both boxes not giving teams easy goals an getting ahead of defenders and being clinical in the opposition box. We will find that and we will start to turn defeats into wins and climb the table.

What's hugely important is that the team doesn't lose belief because we keep playing the same way and believe we can turn the corner it is possible.

Edited by GlossopLatic