North Stand update

It's piss obvious that one stand needs to be offed or at best mothballed when the new one is up. Main Stand is obvious. Let folk swap for the opposite seat, Hey Presto! Onlyloads of complaining.

Most of the main stand lower regulars may not complain much about moving to the new N stand, the exception would probably be those who like to watch, listen to and occasionally join in with the dug out and technical area dramas, but I doubt that the uppers would be happy to move to seating that is more exposed to the the elements and has a lower viewing position.

Re the Chaddy vs RRE debate, for me the Chaddy is the best stand at BP, simply because it faces East and therefore protects spectators from most of the chill winter winds and rain, and the sun is never in their eyes.

I don't find it annoying to have to lean to one side every now and again to see the action behind the posts and I'm not interested in a pint at half time (not with my bladder) in fact I see it as an advantage that there is no bar, otherwise those with similar weak bladders would be up and down more often than they already are.

Edited by laticsrblue

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just revert back to the old layout before the lookers went. RRE for away fans and the chaddy for the home. However, when gis games do come about and it's certain the home fans will sell out give us the small section of the RRE.

Also I have come up with an idea, I know it sound a bit tinpot but is the their a possibility of creating a singing section when everyyhing goes back to normal. Leave about 100 seats in the new stand for people who can go to create some noise and not be told to sit down by stewards.

Let's just revert back to the old layout before the lookers went. RRE for away fans and the chaddy for the home. However, when gis games do come about and it's certain the home fans will sell out give us the small section of the RRE.

Also I have come up with an idea, I know it sound a bit tinpot but is the their a possibility of creating a singing section when everyyhing goes back to normal. Leave about 100 seats in the new stand for people who can go to create some noise and not be told to sit down by stewards.

I'm open to the idea of a singing section but we can't have a section where the stewards are lax, because ultimately the club will find itself getting a slap on the wrist - or worse.

I'm open to the idea of a singing section but we can't have a section where the stewards are lax, because ultimately the club will find itself getting a slap on the wrist - or worse.

Really? They're empty threats in all likelihood.

United have made a singing section, to some publicity, and I there's not been FA disciplining reaction to that so I highly doubt they'll give a :censored: if 100 Oldham fans stand up during games.

Same goes for 95% of football clubs, they all have congregations of standers. I've been to about 25 grounds in the past 5 or so years and I can think of 2 at most that don't have persistent standers.

It's the prerogative of the club to allow people to stand; they don't want to. So there won't be a relaxation of military stewarding until standing returns, despite there being little logical reason to force sitting among those who want to stand at BP.

Really? They're empty threats in all likelihood.

United have made a singing section, to some publicity, and I there's not been FA disciplining reaction to that so I highly doubt they'll give a :censored: if 100 Oldham fans stand up during games.

Same goes for 95% of football clubs, they all have congregations of standers. I've been to about 25 grounds in the past 5 or so years and I can think of 2 at most that don't have persistent standers.

It's the prerogative of the club to allow people to stand; they don't want to. So there won't be a relaxation of military stewarding until standing returns, despite there being little logical reason to force sitting among those who want to stand at BP.

Having just done a small amount of internet research it seems the legalities of standing in seating areas is actually very confusing. It looks like the ejection from the ground of persistent standers is more of an FA suggestion than anything else, so it seems you're right: it's the club's prerogative.

With this in mind I think the singing section is a decent idea. However I think a number of people - we have a few on this board - won't appreciate this kind of forced atmosphere. Each to their own I suppose.

5 months and it's not even off the ground yet.

This took less than 4 months.

Well maybe if our stand was being built in Leith over Spring/Summer it would have been a little quicker. It's ridiculous to compare two different projects on two different sites.

EDIT: Having said that it's worth noting how once they get out of the ground the structure shoots up, as will be the case at BP.

Edited by LaticsChris

Well maybe if our stand was being built in Leith over Spring/Summer it would have been a little quicker. It's ridiculous to compare two different projects on two different sites.

EDIT: Having said that it's worth noting how once they get out of the ground the structure shoots up, as will be the case at BP.

That stand is twice as big as ours will be.

You'd just expect more than a few holes in the ground after 5 months.

That stand is twice as big as ours will be.

You'd just expect more than a few holes in the ground after 5 months.

Well no, I wouldn't necessarily, it's not a case of it being bigger or smaller. There are so many factors to consider including the site conditions, procurement of materials & labour and the weather. Not to mention that the "few holes in the ground" are the most crucial part of any structure and take a lot more time and effort to prepare than many expect.

It's incredible how many people have become construction and architecture experts on here since this project started.

Well no, I wouldn't necessarily, it's not a case of it being bigger or smaller. There are so many factors to consider including the site conditions, procurement of materials & labour and the weather. Not to mention that the "few holes in the ground" are the most crucial part of any structure and take a lot more time and effort to prepare than many expect.

It's incredible how many people have become construction and architecture experts on here since this project started.

Yes it is. Are you one of them?

preparing an area that size for concreting is going to take some time, piles don't take two minutes to put in you know and they have to be 100% that the ground is ready to be concreted on, that can be tricky when its raining every day meaning everything tunrs to slush. As Laticschris rightly said the most important work is the stuff you cant see, cut the lads some slack.

And before any smartarse chirps up yes I have been involved in building for a few years

There's more to it than what you can see. Blog 2 told us various steel sections of the stand are being fabricated and stored ready for delivery to site. The precast concrete terracing is already in production and will be delivered to site to fit in with the steel frame erection programme.

The Hibs stand appears to be just for seating, Latics N Stand is much more than terracing, preparing for the different uses must take extra time..

not to mention the plans constantly changing due to client specifications (as mentioned in blog 3)

Looked at the plans on the latest blog and noticed only 9 rows of seats. I am sure the original plans has 14 rows. I don't remember any info saying the capacity was being reduced during the build period. What is the capacity supposed to be ?

Looked at the plans on the latest blog and noticed only 9 rows of seats. I am sure the original plans has 14 rows. I don't remember any info saying the capacity was being reduced during the build period. What is the capacity supposed to be ?

You are kidding 9 rows is a joke