North Stand update

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the information extracted off the lead.

Site Address Furtherwood Road, Oldham, Lancashire, OL1 2PB Scheme Erection of a new spectator grandstand which will include a health and fitness suite, offices, conference facility. Status Detail planning granted (TP ref PA/333100/12). Categories Associated offices / General retailing / Food retailing / Hotels, motels, travel inns / Restaurants, pubs, bars / Canteens, kitchens / Audience centres, conference centres / Arenas, stadia, grandstands / Swimming pools / Pavilions, changing facilities / Playing fields & courts / Surface car parks / Decorative Landscaping / Commercial Access & Estate Roads

Value £5.7M Stage Tender / Detail Approval Contract Type General contract Project ID 11844631 Development Type New Build / Altn/Conv Major Project - Funding Private

Timing Start January 2014 End January 2015 Duration 12 Months Tender 24-May-13

Very good point; can see building not really starting until March if they truly intend to start building in January.

For most businesses in the construction industry their financial years ends on the 31st December and restarts 1st January, therefore have the Cap Ex to spend and with the discounts on VAT and rebates being granted by the government at the moment its then when firms splash the cash and like to start new contracts, i know thats the case for the scaffolding game that i am in.

No, but the OS has a section on the New North Stand Development which will be updating progress in due course.

It's not like the media/ communications department is known for keeping us in the loop though is it?

I don't recall there ever being a notification put on the website about who was being captain this season? I may be wrong but that's something basic they didn't tell us.

It's not like the media/ communications department is known for keeping us in the loop though is it?

I don't recall there ever being a notification put on the website about who was being captain this season? I may be wrong but that's something basic they didn't tell us.

Point taken but the contractor will want as much publicity as possible for the long-awaited project.

Other than this story of course.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130804-koreycaptain-967586.aspx