Finding a ruthless streak

That's all we need to do everything else is fine.

Now a lot of people have been saying how we have been unlucky in games I don't think we have at all I don't think we've punished teams enough. Orient must have been delighted yesterday at 60 minutes they were still in the game. We had 64% possession yesterday and we only managed to score one goal. If you don't show a ruthless streak and don't take your chances on top then it gives the opposition confidence because they believe they've weathered the storm.

Through a combination of poor finishing and giving away cheap goals we are still at the wrong end of the table. Look at recent results and we could have had

Preston away atleast 1 of those goals is preventable 1 extra point

Tram mere at home dominated possession didn't test the keeper at all should have put the game to bed before they got the dodgy late pen extra 3 points

Rotherham away 2nd goal was a corner where the player running in was unmarked. 3rd goal was a long boot up the pitch which should have been dealt with. Atleast 1 should have been prevented. 1 extra point

Crawley away we were caught napping at a quick corner for there goal and both Charlie Mac and Danny P missed gilt edged sitters. 3 extra points

Yesterday dominated play between his effort which hit the post which he couldn't have done much more with and his goal which he took really well he did miss what looked like a gilt edged chance from a shot which rebounded of the keeper. Those have to go in. The early part of the second half we were well on top and should have made them pay. 2 extra points.

Those extra points and when you consider Preston and Rotherham both being 2 points worse off would see us sat in 5th place.

If that was the case would be sat here now saying we were lucky or we don't deserve to be up there because our overall play would suggest otherwise.

Think how much more confident we would be aswell it rebounding effect as confidence would be soaring.

Show more ruthlessness in both penalty areas and we will rocket up this division.

totally agree. I didn't manage to see or hear anything of the game yesterday as I had a match myself but purely from a stats point of view (according to bbc sport) I think we had 14 shots, 9 on target to their 5, 3 on target and had 55% possession. With a bit more ruthlessness as you say, we could/should be getting 2,3 maybe 4 goals from those sorts of stats, especially when you're hitting the target 3 times more than your opponents.

Now we could do with settling on the strike partnerships. The ruthless finishing will come as the front 2 play more and more. If that means we glue Rooney to the bench then so be it!

Orient had a cynical streak.

We could use the same.

Indeed but also both their strikers have already bagged 16 goals between them so far which shows they have a better conversion rate. Which is probably the difference between us and them.

How many teams have we seen come here down the years who are in the top 6 look very average then take that one chance and go away with a win.