Martin Allen Sacked by Gillingham

Has Mad Dog (not the lovely lady on our board, of course) ever left a club without being sacked?

Yeah, in 2011 he repaid Barnet for giving him his first managerial job in 15 months by :censored:ing off to Notts County after 3 games.

Great bloke.

I once wound him up all game, he ended up getting the police to talk to me. As there was no swearing there was nothing they could do. In fairness to him we played them a few weeks later in the FA cup and he called me over to apologise.

Still a tool though.

To be fair, the flag was a little bit racist.

I remember witnessing someone trying to explain that to the spotty little chav who unfurled it at Thurrock (before the police took it down for him).

It was possibly the most difficult conversation I've ever heard between two people who (superficially at least) spoke the same language.

To be fair, the flag was a little bit racist.

I think it was a bit of a grey area myself. It's that funny juxtoposition between clear racism and slightly misguided patriotism.

The bottom line of it was Martin Allen was a complete prick about it all. But the racism element, you still hear worse at the match today which generally goes unnoticed.

I think it was a bit of a grey area myself. It's that funny juxtoposition between clear racism and slightly misguided patriotism.

The bottom line of it was Martin Allen was a complete prick about it all. But the racism element, you still hear worse at the match today which generally goes unnoticed.

He is a prick, and he should never have got publicly involved about the flag. That stuff is for the coppers (including GMP coppers out for the jolly) and the stewards to deal with.

Not sure about the flag being in any sort of grey area though.

He is a prick, and he should never have got publicly involved about the flag. That stuff is for the coppers (including GMP coppers out for the jolly) and the stewards to deal with.

Not sure about the flag being in any sort of grey area though.

The fact that people disagree, firmly place it into the grey area.