Bove - Youths

scored something like 11 goals this season... big step up but why not try sending him on loan somewhere get him up against open age footballers instead of still against kids!

I'm of the school of thought that being on the bench and maybe coming on for our first team is an appropriate learning experience for our youth lads, send him on loan next season.

scored something like 11 goals this season... big step up but why not try sending him on loan somewhere get him up against open age footballers instead of still against kids!

The thing is he's still a kid himself, can't rush him. Give him a season in the youth and ressies, rushing him is not beneficial at all.

Bove took a good pen and a well taken goal, but generally got little change from two big centre backs, looked quite pacy when given the right service, but I would need to see more of him to make a judgement.

The Latics centre backs Clarke (although vulnerable on the turn) and Ellison (great battling attitude) did well.

The keeper Coleman has something about him..a bit erratic at times, but I can see him making the grade

If Danny Byrnes can gain some weight he will be a big prospect as the skill is there. No one let TP down and he has a good crop to work on.

Edited by BP1960

The thing is he's still a kid himself, can't rush him. Give him a season in the youth and ressies, rushing him is not beneficial at all.

im a 16 year old lad but play open age as do many others and he's of a much better quality then i am and ever will be... putting him into a conference side which is still very good quality isn't rushing him... it's bringing him into it slowly and playing him against men which can only improve him Edited by kieranmcandrew

Very young team which Latics fielded last night as several of the 2nd years are out injured. Played some nice football and completely out played Sheff Utd for the majority of the game. Thought Byrnes and Walters were excellent playing wide.

Walters did well, but took a bad knock in the first half which seemed to inhibit him later.

Edited by BP1960

Bove took a good pen and a well taken goal, but generally got little change from two big centre backs, looked quite pacy when given the right service, but I would need to see more of him to make a judgement.

The Latics centre backs Clarke (although vulnerable on the turn) and Ellison (great battling attitude) did well.

The keeper Coleman has something about him..a bit erratic at times, but I can see him making the grade

If Danny Byrnes can gain some weight he will be a big prospect as the skill is there. No one let TP down and he has a good crop to work on.

that Danny Byrnes sounds a good player, always seems to be popping up in the match reports. Could have a decent prospect there

BP, isn't Ellison either the son orfor a central defebdee brother of Kevin Ellison...

Both Liverpool born and I think I've read they are brothers somewhere, Ryan for me although not bad in the air isn't tall enough for a central defender and I can see him converting to a defensive midfielder or full back. If a positive and will to win attitude counts for anything he deserves to make the grade.

Edited by BP1960

that Danny Byrnes sounds a good player, always seems to be popping up in the match reports. Could have a decent prospect there

He's a frail build at the moment and needs to channel his energy over 90 minutes rather than 45 minutes.

Very promising though.

Edited by BP1960

Saw him the Victory Shield earlier in the year for Wales, looked neat & tidy.

He was smaller than a good number of the other players that night though. And - when he got his cap presented the other home from TP, he was stood next to TP and the PA Chap. He was tiny in comparison.

Small players can make it in the game - heck, we have an example as our manager - but you dont see that many who are 'that small'.

I hope he has a growth spurt and fills out, as the talent & skill on the ball is clearly there...