A call to arms!

I know some struggle with the JPT and / or Tuesday nights.

But I think this is a moment where we all need to make an extra effort to attend Boundary Park.

Find the time.

Find the motivation.

Pay your tenner.

Show Lee Johnson and Simon Corney exactly what Oldham Athletic means to you.

Presumably you didn't post the opening paragraph on Facebook though. FWIW Montano has DONE nothing wrong, he is ACCUSED or ALLEGED to have done something wrong.

Do you really think he is going to be suing prozac though when there is video evidence of him admitting to the offense in the public domain. There is being careful and then there is being over the top.

Do you really think he is going to be suing prozac though when there is video evidence of him admitting to the offense in the public domain. There is being careful and then there is being over the top.

We appear to be looking at the wrong issue here, not libel but defence for his trial.

If there is indeed a libel case and fwiw I don't think there is - perhaps we could collectively counter sue him for the entire cost of the two games he was alleged to have been supposedly deliberately trying to get himself booked. We all paid money in good faith to see our team aim to genuinely try and gain a positive result. Not to see someone allegedly more interested in getting himself booked letting his team mates and supporters down.

Having seen that video, I'd be interested who his defence lawyer would be and exactly what their defence would be - I know the angle would be 'any trial would be prejudiced etc...' But high profile cases have survived the scourge of social media before.

Even this guy would be hesitant in taking this case on - if indeed it makes court....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g5Hz17C4is

Edited by oafcprozac

Apparently Montano has already forwarded his Alibi, the guy in the video is an imposter - at the time of undercover filming he was appearing as one third of soul trio 'Rough Copy' on X-Factor. Gary Barlow has already said he will appear as an expert witness......

Rough-Copy-2351037.jpg

Anything between you and the manager or player sent on twitter shouldn't be posted on imo. Its a conversation between you two if its sent out on mass it could be taken out of context and its just poor form to foward on personal conversations imo.

Whilst I agree it's been sensible discussion about the allegations on this forum, it would be wise to remove the threads about him once the topics have been exhausted. As JimsLeftFoot has posted, libel isn't the realistic possibility, contempt of court/prejudicing a trial on a public domain is a real possibility that the owners of this site could face therefore I'd be wary of what is allowed to remain on public viewing.

Edited by Mullet

We appear to be looking at the wrong issue here, not libel but defence for his trial.

No I don't think he will sue but for the sake of an additional word or two is it worth taking that chance? Plus like JLF said, a point I knew about, prejudicing a criminal case is something arguably more serious.

The club needs to take some responsibility for who it lets represent us. If we add a new player most weeks, we will inevitably geta proportion of idiots.A great team will always achieve more than a collection of talented individuals. Unfortunately after fifteen years of division 3, and almost 500 players, we are a absolutely no better than we were under Stitch and his home grown no hopers.If we build long term from a foundation of players who give a :censored:, we never give Montanos and Sodjes a chance to infect what wehold dear.

JFC

Whilst I agree it's been sensible discussion about the allegations on this forum, it would be wise to remove the threads about him once the topics have been exhausted. As JimsLeftFoot has posted, libel isn't the realistic possibility, contempt of court/prejudicing a trial on a public domain is a real possibility that the owners of this site could face therefore I'd be wary of what is allowed to remain on public viewing.

If something being posted is not suitable for consumption in 3 weeks it's not suitable now. Simple as that. Once something is on the Internet it's gone, it's never to be private again no matter what subsequent actions are taken by you or others. Assume it will one day be ready by anyone and everyone.

I said it at the top of the thread and it's the long-standing rule on OWTB which I've repeated often - if you are unsure of the legality, morality or suitability of something you intend to post then simply don't post it. I'm not a lawyer, I can't make judgement of what is and is not suitable for you and thus the onus is on the poster to make the right choice. If in doubt, don't post - you've nothing to gain and everything to lose.

If Montano's case goes to court and OWTB plays a part in that (and that's a stretch I feel) then will the brief self satisfaction of fellow fans agreeing with you (royal you, not you specifically Mullet) be worth an impact such as those in the examples from the BBC quoted above be worth it? I doubt it.