A call to arms!

I've posted this on Facebook, we all need to pull together and show that no situation or individual no matter how allegedly corrupt, no matter how much :censored: is thrown at the club - the club is bigger and better than anyone or anything...no matter how down, how distraught we are at these allegations we can help pick everyone back up - including ourselves.....

Today's revelations and allegations have blown us all away we're understandably gutted at the good name of OUR club being dragged through the gutter press. Just as the club was gaining some feel good momentum on and off the field.

It is now up to us to step up to the plate and get behind the Manager, Chairman and the remaining players that have done nothing wrong. We need to show the world that the alleged misdemeanours Cristian Montano has committed does not represent Oldham Athletic, our ethos and what we are striving to achieve together. What he possibly did was for personal financial gain and his own selfish reasons. Oldham Athletic exists as a family club striving to make a positive contribution to our local community. One that we can remain proud of. Let's get behind the club a siege mentality is what we need here. We can still achieve so much this season, so many good times lie ahead on and off the field.

Remember 'we're Oldham Athletic, we'll never be defeated!!!!'

Let's all Keep the Faith that if any wrong doing has been committed then Justice will prevail and let's raise the roof on Tuesday Night!

Edited by oafcprozac

The club's name will be dragged through all press and media - not just so-called gutter press - but this is about an individual, not the club. I'm sure it that we as a club will get through this unscathed - the club is a footnote below the accused's name.

I'm all for using adversity to galvanise support, this instance included, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the club have done nothing wrong here.

The club needs to take some responsibility for who it lets represent us. If we add a new player most weeks, we will inevitably get

a proportion of idiots.

A great team will always achieve more than a collection of talented individuals. Unfortunately after fifteen years of division 3, and almost 500 players, we are a absolutely no better than we were under Stitch and his home grown no hopers.

If we build long term from a foundation of players who give a :censored:, we never give Montanos and Sodjes a chance to infect what we

hold dear.

I'll be honest : that :censored: has tainted a lot for me. I trusted him to pull on the blue. I'm not sure I'll trust anybody else after today. I woke at 5.30 as I couldn't sleep and this news really hit me for six. I, just like the rest of you should, have had the stuffing knocked out of me by this. The fact LJ seemingly found out through me is devastating too. Thought the club would have been tipped off...

The club needs to take some responsibility for who it lets represent us. If we add a new player most weeks, we will inevitably get

a proportion of idiots.

A great team will always achieve more than a collection of talented individuals. Unfortunately after fifteen years of division 3, and almost 500 players, we are a absolutely no better than we were under Stitch and his home grown no hopers.

If we build long term from a foundation of players who give a :censored:, we never give Montanos and Sodjes a chance to infect what we

hold dear.

The club haven't broken any rules, so why should the club take responsibility for the actions of an individual?

No workplace can - within reason - be held responsible for the actions of an employee.

The only people who view the club as responsible - in my opinion - are people who are overreacting, way too introspective, or drama queens.

I'll be honest : that :censored: has tainted a lot for me. I trusted him to pull on the blue. I'm not sure I'll trust anybody else after today. I woke at 5.30 as I couldn't sleep and this news really hit me for six. I, just like the rest of you should, have had the stuffing knocked out of me by this. The fact LJ seemingly found out through me is devastating too. Thought the club would have been tipped off...

How do you know he found out from you?

Also, I won't be able to see players or decisions in the same way having known these alleged incidents happened in front of my own eyes without me having known. The natural trust I had for footballers, where I wouldn't have trusted other sportsmen, has gone.

How do you know he found out from you?

Also, I won't be able to see players or decisions in the same way having known these alleged incidents happened in front of my own eyes without me having known. The natural trust I had for footballers, where I wouldn't have trusted other sportsmen, has gone.

Because he tweeted me telling me so...

I've posted this on Facebook, we all need to pull together and show that no situation or individual no matter how corrupt, no matter how much :censored: is thrown at the club - the club is bigger and better than anyone or anything...no matter how down, how distraught we are at these allegations we can help pick everyone back up - including ourselves.....

Today's revelations have blown us all away we're understandably gutted at the good name of OUR club being dragged through the gutter press. Just as the club was gaining some feel good momentum on and off the field.

It is now up to us to step up to the plate and get behind the Manager, Chairman and the remaining players that have done nothing wrong. We need to show the world that Cristian Montano does not represent Oldham Athletic, our ethos and what we are striving to achieve together. What he did was for personal financial gain and his own selfish reasons. Oldham Athletic exists as a family club striving to make a positive contribution to our local community. One that we can remain proud of. Let's get behind the club a siege mentality is what we need here. We can still achieve so much this season, so many good times lie ahead on and off the field.

Remember 'we're Oldham Athletic, we'll never be defeated!!!!'

Let's all Keep the Faith that Justice will prevail and let's raise the roof on Tuesday Night!

You know we've had our differences regarding Latics, Paul, but I'm with you here brother...

There have always been bent footballers, as there have been other sportsmen. When spread betting first became popular I remember a West Ham or Southampton game where the game kicked off and the player just booted it out for a throw in. He later said that it was due to a bet on the timing of the first throw in.

These are youngish pampered lads with not enough to do once training is finished. Look at the amount of money Michael Owen has lost to bookies, Keith Gillespie, there are loads more with gambling issues. If you're looking for honesty in footballers then you are looking in the wrong place, look at the prevalence of diving in the game, that's cheating, some managers encourage their players to do it.

agree with most of that, I went to that wolves game and we was piss poor, montano being one of our worse players, I went home discussing the game with my brother and I stood up for montano offering that he may have just had a bad day at the office... Little did I or the 700 other latics fans at the game know he was allegedly off his game for a reason.. trying to selfishly pick up £70'000!!!! Trust has been affected by this, I loved to watch that selfish git play and thought he was passionate about wearing the blue shirt... He wasn't Edited by kieranmcandrew

Jesus, what a way to find out something like that as a manager, although I find that slightly unprofessional from Johnson.

The more I think about it, Mullet, the more gutted I am. I described it as a "kick in the bollocks" : LJ described it as his heart being ripped out. Feel free to follow me on Twitter and I'll forward on the conversation...

The more I think about it, Mullet, the more gutted I am. I described it as a "kick in the bollocks" : LJ described it as his heart being ripped out. Feel free to follow me on Twitter and I'll forward on the conversation...

I wanted to see what LJ tweeted, but it appears he has deleted it

Worse than a kick in the bollocks for Johnson, and that says a lot cause they :censored:ing hurt. Surprised he opened up so descriptively to you, but that shows how shocked he was. This may sound like I'm excessively exalting him, but if anybody can bounce back and create that siege mentality, he can.

If that's a direct copy you need to get yourself a lawyer Prozac, it's libellous. You need to add an alledgedly or 3.

'Allegations' is in the initial paragraph.

Fully agree with the sentiment though.

Presumably you didn't post the opening paragraph on Facebook though. FWIW Montano has DONE nothing wrong, he is ACCUSED or ALLEGED to have done something wrong.