Marwan Koukash, a bullet dodged?

Koukash is very disappointed with how RL is run in this country with FFP rules. He is also not happy with he fans for not turning out and reckons he needs to double the gate. He admits he made mistakes in bringing in the wrong people to advise him in choosing players. He also said that he may reduce his investment in Salford because of the above.

Sounds like he wants instant success, and that just doesn't happen.

Yeah, I remember reading an interview with him around the time he was linked with us where he was talking about his frustration with English rugby league's resistance to change. Personally I think that, if anything, rugby league's been messed about with too much (Magic Weekend? Super 8s? The team that finishes top of the league not winning the bloody league?) and he came across as pretty arrogant - "if only you'd give me carte blanche to do what I want, your sport would be so much better". I was quite keen on the idea of him buying us, but the fact that he wanted to buy the Roughyeds set alarm bells ringing - not because of the prospect of a ground share, but because owning two RL clubs would be a blatant conflict of interest. Think Corney called it right. Edited by rosa

Maybe you have not had chance to read some links or the other posts but if you have what money are you referring too? Has SC got the baliffs coming tomorrow? Has SC got a stack of companies that owe money? Just because a lazy Journalist calls Marwan a billionaire does not make him a billionaire.

From now on we should call SC a Trillionaire - It's not true but now I have posted it online it will become true soon enough

I never said that he's a billionaire. His actual wealth is a great unknown. The blokes had some property deals that went breasts up, that's the known negative. The known positive is that he's poured lots of money into the sports club he owns. We can revisit this thread once a year every year - have Salford gone into liquidation or are they doing ok?

I'd welcome the bloke (not that it's the remotest possibility anymore). If Salford go bust anytime soon then you can say "nah nah I told you so". But I see no evidence it's about to happen

I think it was the right decision from SC. MK would have poured money into us, and if we didn't get promoted to the prem in a few seasons, got bored and either moved the club or just pissed off. Moore2.0

We are better on the slow path, even if we never reach the prem again

I think it was the right decision from SC. MK would have poured money into us, and if we didn't get promoted to the prem in a few seasons, got bored and either moved the club or just pissed off. Moore2.0

We are better on the slow path, even if we never reach the prem again

Not sure Koukash ever made an offer.

• 1 month later...