Right back

I'm one of his biggest critics on here (never at games mind). I think he's got so much work to do on his game, I really do.

But, to be fair to the kid, he's been out injured for a decent amount of time, has only just got his place back, and played 3 x 90mins of football in 7 days.

He was excellent 1st half away at Coventry, and for me to say that, shows just how good he was, I mean - he was superb.

I'm not surprised that he was a little off (I'm resisting the chance to say returning to true abilities.....oh wait) as he was probably shattered and spent after being out of match action for so long, then playing his 3rd game of a hectic period.

We have injuries and Lanzoni has left. He needed to play. I bet LJ and the management team didn't actually want him to do so, but he had too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have hit on something there Sly..if Brown was less than 100% he could have played Winchester at right back..Dayton was a fitness gamble not worth the risk IMO. Add to this the blunder in not substituting early a clearly immobile Tarkowski leads me to the conclusion LJ just does not feel his fringe playes can do a job..If so I expect him to rectify this in the transfer window enabling him to avoid such issues in future..

So we ignore everything else and get another striker?

The fullback is a problem amongst others at the moment but Charlie Mac is due back which will hopefully help the goals

Who is due to return to play full back?

mac is not the answer, never be fit for more than 3 games, so don,,t rely on him, personally i would play smith there a get an attacking midfielder in as a priority, smith is really negative, the teams crab, always sideways and backward,

Am I right in thinking that some said that our right back played well at Coventry?

I just cannot see it with this lad and can't believe some actually rate him. A mistake today cost us a goal which was avoidable but overall he does not look comfortable with the ball at his feet which may cause a few problems with him being a ahem....footballer.

Lasnzoni has gone and the window is open. New right back please LJ....sooner rather than later

I don't rate Brown but I fail to see how the Coventry goal could be blamed on him.

mac is not the answer, never be fit for more than 3 games, so don,,t rely on him, personally i would play smith there a get an attacking midfielder in as a priority, smith is really negative, the teams crab, always sideways and backward,

Smith is becoming the new Furman..your solution is valid IMO.

Connor brown was :censored:. Rooney was :censored:ter. A new RB, GK, and a new striker will do for me.

The fact you would like a new goalkeeper shows you don't really know that much about this division? He's one of the best in this league and will most certainly play at a higher level than this

Smith is becoming the new Furman..your solution is valid IMO.

If we do final buy this illusive creative midfielder then who loses out? Do we play 3 in the middle or drop one of Wes or Smith. I agree we need some creativity, just seeing if your lack of appreciation for Smith's attacking prowess would leave him or Wes on the bench?

The fact you would like a new goalkeeper shows you don't really know that much about this division? He's one of the best in this league and will most certainly play at a higher level than this

Shot stopping you are right.

Command of his own box you are wrong.

If we do final buy this illusive creative midfielder then who loses out? Do we play 3 in the middle or drop one of Wes or Smith. I agree we need some creativity, just seeing if your lack of appreciation for Smith's attacking prowess would leave him or Wes on the bench?

Smith at right back, Wes and Mr Elusive in midfield.

That's right, pick on Connor Brown because he's an easy target. Nobody will mention the fact that Tarky has been woeful in the last 2 home games, that's blasphemy!

You just did...

Add to that the fact (FACT) that Tarkowski was played out of position at Coventry and was carrying an injury at home to Shrewsbury - also, I imagine that the transfer speculation has distracted him somewhat. He still remains a talented footballer but is young and still learning.

Best for all would be a stunning Tarkowski performance in the victory over Liverpool - they cough up big money for him (and then loan him back for the season...)

:getmecoat:

Edited by TheBigDog

Dont think you can blame individuals for bad all round team perfomace yesterday.

Rooney - One of our higher wage earners bit too slow for me, value for money on goals and performace not really in my opinion,

Kirk Miller - Utter tosh

Schmeltz - Impact player at best for the last 20 but not great lately

Rodgers - Utter tosh x 2

Plummer - Should be doing a YTS in plumming

This is totally my opinion but if Tarki goes who is clearly one of our better players I think we may struggle this season with the run of games coming up, Johnson needs his knackers in his hands and make some decisions becasue a few injurys to the likes of harris, grounds, Smith, and clearly been missing weso and dayton were in the sh**e!

I merely agreed a move to right back for Smith would create room for a much needed attacking midfielder..if you want to keep Smith and Wesolowski together for home games then you can expect the same results as this season..if you are happy with that fair enough.

Edited by BP1960

You're all are missing the point..there's few goals being created from midfield.

Smith is a good player and a move to right back would enable a more creative player to slot into midfield. Something has to change..its like saying Tarkowski should never have played midfield, but for the benifit of the team LJ did precisely that.

Edited by BP1960

...and sorry, but which wonder CM player are we signing that would warrant moving our best player out of position to RB?

The point is for me, and many others - there is feck all - feck all, wrong with Wes and Smith in the central 2 positions. With a tweak to the tempo and pace of attacks, and with a fit Dayton and either Petrasso or A N Other new winger in the side; why is there a need to weaken the midfield area with the type of player who doesn't offer the solidity and shape needed; and in doing so - moving a player into a position that he will be wasted in?

Smith's goal vs Mansfield? Wes' vs Preston? Smiths goal assists? Wes too - specifically the one for JCH vs Bradford.

They can do it.

It's a tweak to the style of the play. And, with the way LJ has / is setting us up, that's all it is, a slight tweak. It's feck all to do with moving players out of position or dropping quality players out of the side completely to make room for the type of player we've had before and who generally don't work out at this level.

We created plenty of chances yesterday, we hit the woodwork more than once plus their keeper made some decent stops.

Finishing the chances is the issue, we need an out and out box striker to finish moves off, how many times has the ball flashed across goal begging for a touch???

Wes and Smith are solid, A striker and a right back please.

If we can get a good talented play maker great, competion for places is always good. But it is not essential that the Wes or Smith need replacing imo

...and sorry, but which wonder CM player are we signing that would warrant moving our best player out of position to RB?

LJ will sign a creative midfielder mark my words..what will you all say them?

The point is for me, and many others - there is feck all - feck all, wrong with Wes and Smith in the central 2 positions. With a tweak to the tempo and pace of attacks, and with a fit Dayton and either Petrasso or A N Other new winger in the side; why is there a need to weaken the midfield area with the type of player who doesn't offer the solidity and shape needed; and in doing so - moving a player into a position that he will be wasted in?

Smith's goal vs Mansfield? Wes' vs Preston? Smiths goal assists? Wes too - specifically the one for JCH vs Bradford.

They can do it.

It's a tweak to the style of the play. And, with the way LJ has / is setting us up, that's all it is, a slight tweak. It's feck all to do with moving players out of position or dropping quality players out of the side completely to make room for the type of player we've had before and who generally don't work out at this level.

So the home form while paired together was wonderful then?

Once Wes broke back into the side after appearing to be out of favour, I'd say our home performances were generally good.

Not finishing chances hurt results, not the centre-mid pairing.

Personally i think the lack of a quality finisher is highlighting all the other minor shortcoming of the side. Brown is being made a scapegoat for yesterday when his error probably shouldn't have proved crucial against such a poor side. How long can we persevere with Rooney? An out and out striker is where i think we should be concentrating our efforts this month - Kevin Phillips isn't doing anything at the moment ( you can always dream ).